Recent content by Grandmother Goose

  1. Grandmother Goose

    Question Anyone else self sufficient with red meat through hunting?

    The store bought roo meat is also hunted, under licence and strict regulations of course. I've never been a fan of jerky. I like fresh meat. Roo minced meat makes a great hamburger patty, make it thin, pile on the salads, an egg, some cheese, yes please! A well-made kangaroo and kidney...
  2. Grandmother Goose

    Question [VOTE] Article thread compilation for recipes

    You can do whatever you like with any and all recipes I post online. After all, a cookbook's presentation, layout, artwork, and descriptive text can be copyrighted, but a recipe generally can't be. Besides, the internet is not the place to publish anything we don't want copied, because sure...
  3. Grandmother Goose

    New herbs for the garden 🌿

    Okay then, looks like I'll have to hunt down and grow some chocolate mint then. Thanks for that. Your sacrifice is greatly appreciated.
  4. Grandmother Goose

    New herbs for the garden 🌿

    The mentha genus has 24 species of mint, and many of those species have multiple varieties.
  5. Grandmother Goose

    Tip Glyphosate: Detox and Soil Remediation

    Yeah, spilling it on soil won't do good. It'll break down naturally after about 6 months or so in almost any condition, but sunlight helps it break down a lot faster. Unfortunately, there's not much sunlight getting past the surface of soil. I'd much rather not use any kind of weed killer, as...
  6. Grandmother Goose

    Tip Glyphosate: Detox and Soil Remediation

    That line there, that is a massive part of the problem. You see, scientists are human and they do make mistakes, but you know who figures out it was a mistake and corrects it? Scientists. Science is forced to be correct, because if anyone discovers that it is wrong, science is required to prove...
  7. Grandmother Goose

    New herbs for the garden 🌿

    Wow Mandy, they've grown up big and healthy looking. Good job. I was recently starting to think about making a mint collection, get one specimen of every different types, then I learned how many different types that was. :shock: Yeah, not doing that, I'd have to buy a few hectares of land to fit...
  8. Grandmother Goose

    Tip Glyphosate: Detox and Soil Remediation

    I know what chelation is. I also know that there are two versions of it: 1. The pseudoscience version, which claims that eating or drinking whatever food, beverage, or supplement is trendy this year will detox heavy metals and other toxins from one's body, which simply flat out doesn't work. 2...
  9. Grandmother Goose

    Garden bed size V's planting distance

    I agree with Mandy, but I'd like to also point out that the planting according to the seed packets is a guideline, not a rule of any kind. When we plant according to the packet, weeds can happily grow in between, and they wouldn't if the roots of our plants took up all that space. We can plant...
  10. Grandmother Goose

    New mission: Playing jigsaw puzzles with Birdies Garden Beds.

    Finally caught one! This little critter is the reason I don't have mosquito breeding in my pond. This is the larvae form of dive beetles, which are vicious and voracious little critters. I finally spotted two bright blue dragonflies hanging around the yard today, they didn't stick around for...
  11. Grandmother Goose

    New mission: Playing jigsaw puzzles with Birdies Garden Beds.

    Ha, I didn't tell you, and now I'm going to have to break out my plant tag collection to remember them all. [ten minutes later] The garden arch that goes over the seating bench has a climbing Blue Moon (light purple) on each side. The rose bed itself has... A climbing Mister Lincoln (red)...
  12. Grandmother Goose

    New mission: Playing jigsaw puzzles with Birdies Garden Beds.

    Photo of rose bed with rose plants in it, and one of pond with tomatoes and mint.
  13. Grandmother Goose

    New mission: Playing jigsaw puzzles with Birdies Garden Beds.

    I can't claim credit for the word moonure. The brand I will be buying, which my local nursery just recently got a pallet load of in stock, is called Moo-nure Plus+. It's cow manure with added seaweed and gypsum. I'll be going straight there in the morning after dropping my son off at school...
  14. Grandmother Goose

    Gardening hacks and myth busters

    Ooh, a cooking myth! That's a good one. A common cleaning myth is mixing bicarb soda with vinegar to clean with. You may as well just use plain water. Bicarb soda is a base (alkaline) and vinegar is acidic, each on their own can be used to clean something - acid cleaners are good for some...
  15. Grandmother Goose

    Other Mark's book, show and tell

    Mark's book is on my Christmas shopping list.
Back
Top Bottom