Recent content by Mandy Onderwater

  1. Mandy Onderwater

    For a growing laying flock, which daily task would you automate first?

    Cheers for getting back to us @FarmingBoy! ! Hopefully @Elowen notices this soon 🤗
  2. Mandy Onderwater

    Choosing the Right Welding Helmet Shade

    Wish I knew anything about welding. Hopefully another may be more helpful 🤗
  3. Mandy Onderwater

    2026 Garden update

    How's the garden doing now @cloxchulanthevegginator ?
  4. Mandy Onderwater

    For a growing laying flock, which daily task would you automate first?

    @FarmingBoy! any pointers? My dad only ever kept a small amount of chickens. Like, maybe 4 at a time, so we never really had a need for automation. Though, automated egg colllection would've been amazing as our girls would attack if they saw us carry an egg. They were vicious! I suppose I...
  5. Mandy Onderwater

    I Grew a Vegetable Garden in 48 USED Uber Eats Bags!

    Perhaps we should do what Mark did that one time; drive over it with the mower! Another bonus tip: If a pot has large holes at the bottom, put cardboard over them (or a paper bag inside the pot) to prevent soil spilling out as you fill. Once the soil is watered in, it leaks a lot less anyhow...
  6. Mandy Onderwater

    Tip Net Making

    Making your own net does often require a specific knot. I've seen people make them in events. It looked like a lot of work, but also very gratifying as it's functional once you finish.
  7. Mandy Onderwater

    Started some Tomatillo

    It definitely looks visually appealing. Smart thinking ontying it to the deck rails for added support. The plant looks like it should recover just fine, with a bit of water and patience. Next year sounds like an exciting year full of growth and harvests :goodluck:
  8. Mandy Onderwater

    I Grew a Vegetable Garden in 48 USED Uber Eats Bags!

    The large juice containers I like using are 3L, so I can definitely fit a fair size plant in there. But I use smaller bottles for gifts for ease of transport, generally. I also like using leftover carboard as much or as a weed barrier. I don't have a shredder, so I'll usually leave fairly large...
  9. Mandy Onderwater

    I Grew a Vegetable Garden in 48 USED Uber Eats Bags!

    I've used old water bottles, and large juice bottles and cut the tops off to grow plants. Especially good if you're out of small pots for seed starters, or like to give plants away but don't want to lose your good pots ;)
  10. Mandy Onderwater

    I Grew a Vegetable Garden in 48 USED Uber Eats Bags!

    What are your top tips for recycling and reusing in the garden? What were your experiences? Did you modify them? Handy tip! Want to talk to Mark directly? Did you know that there is another way, outside the forum? Support Mark on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/selfsufficientme (the top tier...
  11. Mandy Onderwater

    Started some Tomatillo

    Sometimes changes in life, changes what we prioritise. Plus, you can decorate corrugated beds too. I've seen people paint flowers on them, and they do become somewhat aestetically pleasing. It all depends on your own preferences I suppose. Plus, if you wanted to tie them in with your old beds...
  12. Mandy Onderwater

    Started some Tomatillo

    That looks awesome! There's so many seedlings! I've just got one "small" pot in comparison. Well, it's a very large pot, but they are intentionally spaced for best growth according to the packet. It is my first time growing them. Oregano is part of the mint family, and there's a reason people...
  13. Mandy Onderwater

    Kia ora from Aotearoa

    That sounds lovely. I've been keen on trying sweet potato leaves someday as well. But this might be a future project too - if I remember :ROFL:
  14. Mandy Onderwater

    Tip Net Making

    I've heard some people say that they drie their tall sunflower stems. I've never seen it in action though. I do know people grow corn and beans together, letting the beans grow up against the corn.
  15. Mandy Onderwater

    Started some Tomatillo

    They could be leggy due to a lack of sunlight? I'm glad most of your seeds sprouted and seem to do well - shame for the lettuce, but it happens 🤗 Ooh, exciting! But.. there are no pictures to show it off..? ;) Sounds like a large project, but it'll be well worth it in the long run. Are the...
Back
Top Bottom