Question Zero gardening experience

Viana

Premium Member
Climate
Tropical
Hi! I'm Viana from the Philippines. I've always wanted to get into gardening but found it really intimidating especially since I don't see much YouTube gardeners from tropical climates.

I was wondering what would you recommend for me to plant that's easy, and doable in a small space?

Also, Ive just started my attempt at a compost bin and I'm thrilled so any tips of that would be amazing too. Much thanks!

Attachments

• 20190416_170513.jpg
    20190416_170513.jpg
    482.2 KB · Views: 363

Mark

Founder
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Hi @Viana and thank you for joining us!

I like your compost maker - it can double as a compost sifter and as the matter breaks down you can give it a shake for the smaller particles to fall through... these can be used as a seed raising mix (just an idea).

I was wondering what would you recommend for me to plant that's easy, and doable in a small space?
You would be surprised at how easy most veggies are to grow but I highly recommend you start with something you like to eat.

Leafy Asian vegetables such as bok choy, kangkong, or mustards are easy to grow in hot climates and they seed easy too for growing next time.

Cherry tomatoes, eggplant, and chilies also grow well in your climate. Corn is another one... But there are plenty more.

All the best :)

Top Bottom