Tip Wwoofers to help .

Raymondo

Premium Member
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Hi to you all , just thought I would share a contact which has helped me a lot this year , and that's , wwoofers.com , wwoofers are " willing workers on organic farms " , where the farm can be anything , your backyard , veggie patch so long as it is organic. The arrangement is loosely accomodation and food for 4-6 hours per day helping around your property , can be gardening , handyman work , mowing , painting etc. You will get mainly backpackers from around the world, different age groups who will stay various lengths of time , you choose , check it out if you need help and want to help some young people ,learn about self sufficiency and gardening cheers and happy planting Raymondo

ClissAT

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Thanks Ray, yes I've used them before many years ago.
Currently would love to use them again but now don't have suitable accommodation unless they have their own tent, van, etc.
Also me cooking for more than me is pretty much a thing of the past now I only have one properly usable arm.

But my intention is to develop a space where some wwoofers can live down at me new shed. It's a double edged sword for me right now as I need help to finish the bathroom and kitchen down there but no joy getting someone who has their own van. I created a space in the new shed to build into a tiny house style flat that might accommodate one to three people.

Raymondo

Premium Member
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Way to go it sounds like you have got it all going on there , you don't have to cook for them if you find it hard we often leave food for them and let them go for it and if you get a good sort they might also cook for you seems like we make the rules! We had our first wwoofers back in the early 80s few and far between then but plenty around now good luck with it anyway. If I find someone with their own accomodation I'll let you know cheers Raymondo

Top Bottom