Question What's Your Favourite Tool?

DThille

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Cold, Cool, Mountains, or Artic
It occurred to me to ask after being at the country property today. What I'm thinking is to get everyone to list their favourite tool...not necessarily the most effective nor safest nor most used - which one do you have the most fun using or get the most joy out of using?

To go first, I have a scythe that I enjoy using. I bought it some time after we purchased our acreage in 2008. It's a modern twist on a classic tool with an aluminum handle so it's lighter than the old wooden ones. I'm certainly not the most effective with it, but it's easier to pull out and start using than my gas trimmer. It's also nice that I don't need to be concerned about batteries, electrical cord, or gasoline / gas to oil mix. I can just pick it up and use it. It's been useful around some edges and also to cut down taller weeds in areas I don't want to take a tractor, or if it's too wet for a tractor.
20210725DSC_0990_Scythe.jpg

I look forward to seeing what everyone else puts up here.

Mandy Onderwater

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
It occurred to me to ask after being at the country property today. What I'm thinking is to get everyone to list their favourite tool...not necessarily the most effective nor safest nor most used - which one do you have the most fun using or get the most joy out of using?

To go first, I have a scythe that I enjoy using. I bought it some time after we purchased our acreage in 2008. It's a modern twist on a classic tool with an aluminum handle so it's lighter than the old wooden ones. I'm certainly not the most effective with it, but it's easier to pull out and start using than my gas trimmer. It's also nice that I don't need to be concerned about batteries, electrical cord, or gasoline / gas to oil mix. I can just pick it up and use it. It's been useful around some edges and also to cut down taller weeds in areas I don't want to take a tractor, or if it's too wet for a tractor.
View attachment 5836

I look forward to seeing what everyone else puts up here.
I currently still garden in pots, so my favourite tool is my hands! That and a pair of scissors. My favourite watering tool is a water bottle with many tiny holes drilled in the cap so that I can precisely and gently water young crops, without having to worry about accidentally knocking them over.
Someone *cough* lost me my tiny shovel, so now I do most by hand again.

Top Bottom