What creature would you rather get bitten by? (Game)

Mark

Founder
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Let's play a game ;) Here's how it works - one person gives two creatures (must be living and real) and the next person chooses which creature they'd rather get bitten by and why... And, they also give the next two creatures.

So here we go, which creature would you rather get bitten by: Dog or Snake?

Steve

Valued Member
Premium Member
Dog for sure.
To me every snake is a killer. As silly as that may sound to some, I'm just not familiar with them to tell friend from foe.
I've been bitten by a few dogs as a kid and it never really bothered me and happy to say I survived them all.

Next two animals are: shark and croc

Greyyowl

Premium Member
Dog for sure.
To me every snake is a killer. As silly as that may sound to some, I'm just not familiar with them to tell friend from foe.
I've been bitten by a few dogs as a kid and it never really bothered me and happy to say I survived them all.

Next two animals are: shark and croc
Shark, Port Jacksons don't hurt that much. Got bumped by one in Clovelly baths circa 1983, the king tide brought it in.
Next 2 animals? Bullant or Horse?

stevo

nativebeehives.com
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
nativebeehives.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Next 2 animals? Bullant or Horse?

Sounds like a trick question. Although I've never been bitten by a Bullant, I assume it hurts, but i'll choose Bullant over a Horse because I think a Horse might cause more physical damage, and there might be more risk of infection?

Next: Leech or Tick ?

armysnail

Premium Member
Been bitten by both when out bush, neither hurts but probably a leech. You may get a paralysis tick.

Next two green ant or wasp?

Greyyowl

Premium Member
Sounds like a trick question. Although I've never been bitten by a Bullant, I assume it hurts, but i'll choose Bullant over a Horse because I think a Horse might cause more physical damage, and there might be more risk of infection?

Next: Leech or Tick ?
Been bitten from the toes to the crotch by about 100 Bullants when I stood on their heap under a pepper tree moving a mob of sheep in about 1970, a bottle of iodine and a lot of hugs from old Mrs Watson and I still wanted my legs cut off. 12 years later the old man's pacer decided to bite me from my eye to under my jawbone, I thought my face was ripped off. Bullant hurts more hands down, leechs? Mozzies feel worse, and they don't hurt.
bullant.jpg

Mark

Founder
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Been bitten by both when out bush, neither hurts but probably a leech. You may get a paralysis tick.

Next two green ant or wasp?
I'll keep this going ;)

Most definitely a green ant! Yes green ants hurt and throb for awhile but the burn from a paper wasp is like someone put a cigarette out on your skin! :quiver:

About 12 months ago I was mowing around my fruit trees on my ride-on when I unknowingly disturbed a wasps nest hanging under a Meyer lemon leaf. I felt this shocking burning pain in my hand so instinctively I shot my head around to check the motor in case it had caught fire or something. I saw no fire... Then just as I got stung a second time in the neck, I spotted the swarm of wasps in attack formation heading for me - the pain was intense - I drove my mower as fast as it has ever gone all the way to my shed where I promptly jumped off and quickly shut the door (imagining a bung of mad wasps thumping into the wood behind me).

The pain subsided after about 10 minutes but the lumps lasted for two or more weeks :shock:

Next two... A Yabbie or a mud crab?

Greyyowl

Premium Member
I'll keep this going ;)

Most definitely a green ant! Yes green ants hurt and throb for awhile but the burn from a paper wasp is like someone put a cigarette out on your skin! :quiver:

About 12 months ago I was mowing around my fruit trees on my ride-on when I unknowingly disturbed a wasps nest hanging under a Meyer lemon leaf. I felt this shocking burning pain in my hand so instinctively I shot my head around to check the motor in case it had caught fire or something. I saw no fire... Then just as I got stung a second time in the neck, I spotted the swarm of wasps in attack formation heading for me - the pain was intense - I drove my mower as fast as it has ever gone all the way to my shed where I promptly jumped off and quickly shut the door (imagining a bung of mad wasps thumping into the wood behind me).

The pain subsided after about 10 minutes but the lumps lasted for two or more weeks :shock:

Next two... A Yabbie or a mud crab?
Yabbie, never been in a situation with Mudcrabs.
On a completely different thought, you are all calling it by the wrong name. Yabbies are Craybobs, why in the past 40 years have they been labelled yabbies. Pft, Craybobs peoples, Craybobs.
next 2?
nesting Magpie or a Hornet?

Linda Langevoort

Premium Member
I would pick Magpie.....I don't like hornets!! I've never seen a Magpie, so I googled it. Yep, that's my choice. Now which would you rather be biten by: a Gila Monster or a snapping turtle?

armysnail

Premium Member
Gila monster. The poison is slow to act so you would just get a nasty cut. A snapping turtle could take a finger off.

stevo

nativebeehives.com
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
nativebeehives.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
I would pick Magpie.....I don't like hornets!! I've never seen a Magpie, so I googled it. Yep, that's my choice. Now which would you rather be biten by: a Gila Monster or a snapping turtle?

Hi Linda, some extra info on Magpies that google may not have revealed. We have problems with them here. They attack cyclists as they try to defend their nests. They swoop in from behind and peck your ears and eyes. They have caused some nasty injuries. A lot of cyclists tie big long spikes or zip ties to their helmets as a defence against them. It's kind of funny, but not when you get hit.

Now I have to go google Gila Monster

Last edited:

Greyyowl

Premium Member
Hi Linda, some extra info on Magpies that google may not have revealed. We have problems with them here. They attack cyclists as they try to defend their nests. They swoop in from behind and peck your ears and eyes. They have caused some nasty injuries. A lot of cyclists tie big long spikes or zip ties to their helmets as a defence against them. It's kind of funny, but not when you get hit.

I have a photo of my inlaw on a bike being swooped by a magpie, we didn't care, we laughed our guts up.
The
Owl.
Now to find that pic.
No 2 animals I have had my go.

Attachments

• Magpies Attack 2006.jpg
    Magpies Attack 2006.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 541
Last edited:

Mark

Founder
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical

So I Googled Gila Monster and see it looks similar to a blue tongue lizard, which are pretty tame (well the ones I've seen are) doubt they'd bite very hard...

Still waiting on @armysnail to give the next 2 animals... :dog:

armysnail

Premium Member
My bad. Sandfly (no see um) or sea lice. Both familiar if you live in SE Qld. For non locals, both bite to suck blood and can itch like anything.

Mark

Founder
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
I would rather be bitten by sea lice because sea lice is just annoying but sandflies (or midges) welt up and itch like crazy for ages! Actually, I'm not sure if it's a furphy but I heard midges pee under the skin which is why the reaction to their "bite" is so severe. Wide bay and Rainbow Beach might be pristine coastline but the sandflies are incredible...

Next two:

A large goanna or a Tasmanian Devil...

Tim C

Two heads are better than one
Premium Member
GOLD
Goanna. A Goanna won't give you facial herpes. A Tassie devil will also shred you.
Next: A private school teacher or a copper??

Tim C

Two heads are better than one
Premium Member
GOLD
Termite, Witchetties have big nippers. So green ants, or green and black ground ants?

Elle 's Belles

Premium Member
Climate
Cold, Cool, Mountains, or Artic
Will have to go green ants as I have no idea what the heck a green and black ground ant is?! Let's hope their bite is MUCH WORSE than a green ant bite :)

Hmm, next two ... a cat or a ferret? (that is assuming anyone is still playing this game after 13 months!)

Top Bottom