Question What are your plans this Christmas (and how is your garden involved)?

Mandy Onderwater

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Good day all! Christmas is almost here - as is the New Year! What are your plans this year? And is your garden involved in any way?

I'm having a Christmas BBQ myself and I'm bringing my own recipe of garlic sauce along! It's a great sauce that fits all meat - so long as you love garlic!
My garden is involved as I grow the chives that I like to put in it. Sadly no garlic as my last attempt failed. Maybe another year!

Do you have any recipes or ideas to share? Please let me know!

Jason890

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Having mum dad kids and grandkids over normally we have a seafood Xmas dinner being in the subtropics
But Mum and dad wanted to do a roast turkey and vegetables, the only real thing I have to use from the garden is pumpkin some silver beet corn and a few herbs
Hope to extend the garden next year and put a few more raised beds in so might have more input for next Xmas dinner

Mandy Onderwater

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Having mum dad kids and grandkids over normally we have a seafood Xmas dinner being in the subtropics
But Mum and dad wanted to do a roast turkey and vegetables, the only real thing I have to use from the garden is pumpkin some silver beet corn and a few herbs
Hope to extend the garden next year and put a few more raised beds in so might have more input for next Xmas dinner
Honestly, that still sounds absolutely amazing!
Have a nice Christmas!

HelenCate

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Having a dinner with extended family next week for the first time in a few years. Should be good. Taking down some peaches for Mum and whatever else is good on the day.

DragonLady

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
We'll be chillin' like villains at home with the kids :) nothing planned, we don't have family except my partners dad but he'll be at his daughters this Christmas. I suppose we could probably do a beach trip or something.
I'm planning on getting some garden soil delivered over the next week so that I can fill my new raised garden bed.

Mandy Onderwater

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Janet and I will be spending Xmas in the front yard with the chooks... lol Because we’ll be sitting down to eat we’ll have to social distance from the chooks tho as they are fully vaxed but we aren’t. 😂 😆 My god do you know how hard it is to fit a mask on a chook...
Gosh, especially when they're feisty, haha. Tell 'em to be nice or you'll come for them on Easter (don't tell them you just want the eggs). :p

Mandy Onderwater

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Having a dinner with extended family next week for the first time in a few years. Should be good. Taking down some peaches for Mum and whatever else is good on the day.
I hope all goes to plan and you will all have an amazing time! Merry Christmas! :D

Mandy Onderwater

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
We'll be chillin' like villains at home with the kids :) nothing planned, we don't have family except my partners dad but he'll be at his daughters this Christmas. I suppose we could probably do a beach trip or something.
I'm planning on getting some garden soil delivered over the next week so that I can fill my new raised garden bed.
Haha, nice on the Descendants quote :p
That sounds lovely. I'm still getting used to having Christmas on a summer day! Good luck making snowmen... though, if you go to the beach.. sandman? :p

spector

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
I made salmon this year, store-bought, but the marinade included ginger and lemongrass from my garden. :) My winter squash plants were all eaten just as they were producing (suspect: deer), so the butternut squash was also storebought, but the seasoning for it was homegrown from the garden: garlic, sage, and rosemary. Homemade sourdough bread from a starter I have been feeding for a little over two years now.

Top Bottom