Virginia is for Lovers - and also Gardeners

Wolfsatz

Premium Member
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Greetings Gang,

This pandemic gave me the extra time to start backyard birding, which then lead me to start planting flowers; and then got interested in planting some veggies. Mark's YT channel inspired me to start cracking with a more serious tone.

So, in the last 2 months, so far I've planted 'cherry tomatoes (which are NOT growing), Cilantro, Cantaloupe, Chives, recycling onions, lettuce, serrano peppers, green peppers, pineapples, garlic, and trying to get some avocado seeds to root. Since I started a bit late into Spring, I bought a green pepper plant, Red Rubin Basil and Squash which are now planted in a two small raised self watering beds.

I am also have the interest on beautifying the place with ornamental plants, so as I walk the neighborhood which has plenty of open fields and forests; I've been collecting plants to start a nice Shade Garden.

Looking forward to learn from the experience vets!

ClissAT

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Welcome Wolfsatz. By your mid summer you should have a bounty of garden produce to fill your plates.
:twothumbsup::eat:

Wolfsatz

Premium Member
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Thank you. As long as the plants live... I shall consider a great objective. Previously, I've managed to kill even succulents.

Vicky

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Welcome Wolfsatz, isn't it funny how one thing can lead to another over and over and suddenly you find out - you're a gardener :) its lots of fun, challenging and rewarding and also surprising, I too am able to kill a lot of plants - all the ones that someone will give me and say 'you can't kill it', these days I just ask if I can eat it and if the answer is no then I can probably kill it :) I just don't have that much interest in anything if it doesn't have some benefit to the garden!
Are recycling onions the same as walking onions?

Top Bottom