Use our Showcase section

Discussion in 'Announcements, Rules, Admin Questions' started by Mark, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Mark

Mark Founder Staff Member

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    If you have grown an amazingly huge vegetable, created a magnificent garden, or made something with your bare hands then you might want to show it off or share it with us in our Showcase section!

When you create an "item" in our Showcase section it will not only be automatically displayed in our forums like a regular thread - it also will be displayed and promoted elsewhere on SSC such as on our Showcase homepage and front page slider.

Showcase items can be as simple as a few words with some images or they can be an in-depth description with as much detail as you want.

All items can be rated and reviewed by other members and on top of the discussion thread automatically being created in the appropriate forum there's also a comments area right under your item page for members to ask questions etc.

Constructing your Showcase item is easy just click on the "create item" button at the top of your Showcase page and follow the instructions. If you have any questions just ask. ;)

2. Mark

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    I have removed the showcase slider from the top of the forum page as I thought it was starting to look a little stale and it now gives more room for the forum categories to show above the fold. Happy to hear any feedback.

3. Mark

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Once our Reviews section comes into action it will mean the Showcase will no longer be used for reviewing things and I will move all current reviews to the new area.

Rather than remove the Showcase feature altogether, I'm considering making it more specific and using it to actually showcase "something" perhaps things like: my garden, chicken coop, vegetable patch, etc but limiting the categories to just a few or even one thing. If anyone has any ideas about how this section can be used better than please place them here in this thread. Thanks.