Ultrasonic Bird Repellent for fruit and vegetables reviews say it works!

Mark

Founder
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Hey guys, I've found this bird repeller that uses sound (ultrasonic) to stop birds from attacking/eating fruit and vegetable in the patch or orchard - one reviewer even uses it to keep her ducks from pooping in certain areas on her property.
ultrasonic bird animal deter.jpg

Apparently, it also works on dogs, cats, racoons, ferrets, rabbits and many other types of animals so maybe it would work on possums also as we've been discussing in this thread over here?

Has anyone had any experiences using this animal deterrent in their vegetable garden or orchard?

Letsgokate

Valued Member
Premium Member
Website
letsgotravelaustralia.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Part of the reasons I didn't go down this track with possums was first whether they work and second whether my dog would be effected by it, which I didn't want. It's interesting that this has 3 modes dogs, possums and birds. What frequency would it be for a possum that a dog wouldn't hear?

I did like this concept, for possums and birds and that it could always be on and never have to think about it, but then we need to know when the batteries need replacing.

I've seen much dearer units that say they are guaranteed to work and will refund your money within a certain time frame, maybe they are relying on people not bothering.

You get one Mark and tell us if it works Pity there isn't one for Fruit fly :)

OskarDoLittle

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
It's those damn monkeys that are a problem for me (hahah!) Sorry, the packaging made me laugh! Obviously an international product.
We have a truckload of fruit bats just down the road (a colony moved into the local golf course some 10 yrs ago) - wonder if it'd work on them?

Mark

Founder
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
You get one Mark and tell us if it works Pity there isn't one for Fruit fly :)
Yeah wouldn't that be nice!

Also, that's a good point about pets...
We have a truckload of fruit bats just down the road (a colony moved into the local golf course some 10 yrs ago) - wonder if it'd work on them?
Hmmm, good question, I bet someone has tried it already on flying foxes and if it worked it would be a common knowledge method of control by now I reckon.

Letsgokate

Valued Member
Premium Member
Website
Climate
Sub-Tropical

Flatland

Premium Member
Climate
Arid, Desert, or Dry
Looking forward to your report on how it works

Flatland

Premium Member
Climate
Arid, Desert, or Dry
So the dog's crazy and you've got a headache but what are the birds doing?

Ash

Valued Member
Premium Member
Website
asmedical.webege.com
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
I have a different variety that I'm not convinced works. Just screeches high pitched sounds whenever I'm tending to the orchard. I've had a few limbs off young trees being decimated by magpies. Better way forward is to develop my marksmanship skills...

Letsgokate

Valued Member
Premium Member
Website
Climate
Sub-Tropical
I think the Ultrasonic device is working to protect the passionfruit and pumpkins. I've not had any possums eat anything in this area since it was set up. Last week my husband saw 3 possums up trees within 10-20m of this area. Plan to get another one for the passionfruit in a different area that they did eat before.

Flatland

Premium Member
Climate
Arid, Desert, or Dry
Good to hear it works on possums still wonder if it would work on birds

ClissAT

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
I have one persistent possum that keep 'checking' my tomatoes on the verandah.
It has eaten several holes in the bird mesh & pulled one side down while I was away a few days when my Mother was in hospital.
But I use the garden hose that I keep up on the verandah for watering all my plants in pots.
After watering plants or hosing myself off after a hard day of dirty work, I put the nozzle back onto 'jet' setting ready for the possum.
It comes around every few days & I give it a good jet of water until it runs away along the power line. I also help it to run faster by jetting it up the keister.:p

Last edited:
Top Bottom