Sustainable House Day September 13, 2015

Ash

Valued Member
Premium Member
Website
asmedical.webege.com
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
They aren't necessarily extraordinary - I think the concept is just there to inspire people to get on board with renewable resources and sustainability, which are both a subset of SELF-SUFFICIENCY!
I could even register my suburban home with them, just because I have a rainwater tank, small vege patch, PV panels and solar hot water with a couple of fruit trees in the backyard. Even with all that, we still have a positive electricity bill, still have to use town water for home use and have to buy almost all our fresh foods from the market...

That's why I'm taking it more seriously come summer. Spread out a bit, plant more fruit trees, establish a solid vege garden and go solar with battery. Perhaps in 3-5 years we'll get there...

Mark

Founder
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
We had a big bbq on Sunday and all food came from our property (except some condiments/milk/nibblies/snags ect) we certainly rarely need to buy salads, vegetables, and fruits.

Roasted three of our pekin ducks and made a rooster curry... will post a new thread with photos soon.

Top Bottom