Question [STOPPED] Divining - do people know about it?

Mandy Onderwater

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
I have been thinking about writing an article about divining, but I am horribly aware I know very little about it. I've seen my granddad-in-law do it and he is spot on every single time. He finds water just like that, even waterlines coming from houses! And my partner's uncle divines for gems and crystals and honestly, I think it's bonkers. I frankly wouldn't believe if I hadn't seen it happen right in front of my eyes.

So, in asking this... Are there people with more information on divining and perhaps are willing to send me their information so I can make an article out of it. Or even better, write their own articles on it?
Please let me know :D

desman

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
I spent quite a bit of my career as a hydrogeologist. During my PhD I sampled a lot of farmers bores out west. Many of them showed me divining- some were correct to my surprise, most weren’t. TBH I’m probably too much in the science circle to believe it or help, but there’s stacks of reading you might like to get into before starting your article. It’s sometimes called dowsing. The United States Geological Survey has a page on it https://www.usgs.gov/special-topic/...ce_center_objects=0#qt-science_center_objects. But you’ll find others if you google dowsing as well as water divining.
I find it curious, but just beware that the topic can arouse some cranky pants people on both sides of fences who sometimes forget to put their big boy pants on when discussing it.

Mandy Onderwater

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
I spent quite a bit of my career as a hydrogeologist. During my PhD I sampled a lot of farmers bores out west. Many of them showed me divining- some were correct to my surprise, most weren’t. TBH I’m probably too much in the science circle to believe it or help, but there’s stacks of reading you might like to get into before starting your article. It’s sometimes called dowsing. The United States Geological Survey has a page on it https://www.usgs.gov/special-topic/...ce_center_objects=0#qt-science_center_objects. But you’ll find others if you google dowsing as well as water divining.
I find it curious, but just beware that the topic can arouse some cranky pants people on both sides of fences who sometimes forget to put their big boy pants on when discussing it.
Yeah, I've been noticing the cranky pants, so I think I'm dropping the idea of an article about it. No use in spending hours on something if it only causes fights ;)
Thank you all for your opinions though!

desman

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Well it wouldn’t be your fault, but maybe might not end up being a pleasant experience.
however, after your post it get get me thinking if anyone on this forum is using groundwater to irrigate. That could be an interesting topic to discuss

Mandy Onderwater

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Well it wouldn’t be your fault, but maybe might not end up being a pleasant experience.
however, after your post it get get me thinking if anyone on this forum is using groundwater to irrigate. That could be an interesting topic to discuss
Well actually.... our watersource is pumped from the ground! That's literally all we use for water as we aren't connected to the cities except for electricity! It works like a charm, though I have to be very aware that my water is very high in calcium. We do have a rainwater tank, but I've only recently hooked it up to our gutters again. We haven't had proper rain for months either - and the rainwater is our backup plan if power ever cuts out due to storm or any other reason.

Top Bottom