Solar Garden Lights

VincentBowman

793 Arrowood Drive Jacksonville, FL 32216
Climate
Tropical
I'm using iThird Solar Lights Outdoor.
One thing worth noting is that it comes with an efficient solar panel, which can charge the light for about four to six hours. When fully charged, the lamp can operate for between eight and 12 hours.

Heizen

Climate
Cold, Cool, Mountains, or Artic
Các Đèn năng lượng mặt trời CLY này giống như tất cả các đèn năng lượng mặt trời tiêu chuẩn, các mô hình này sạc lại vào ban ngày và sáng vào ban đêm. Chúng được lập trình tự động để bắt đầu bất cứ khi nào trời tối hơn một chút. Tuy nhiên, điều khiến những chiếc đèn này của CLY nổi bật so với những chiếc đèn khác là lượng pin của nó gấp đôi! Chúng có một con số khổng lồ 1.200 mAh so với thông thường. Tôi tin rằng chúng cũng có thể được sử dụng làm đèn trang trí cho khu vườn và các khu vực gia đình khác. Các thiết bị này tự hào có kiểu dáng đẹp và hiện đại, thu hút nhiều người dùng, bao gồm cả tôi. Vì chúng không thấm nước, chúng sẽ hoạt động tốt trong các điều kiện thời tiết khắc nghiệt như mưa bão và tuyết.

67HR

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
These ones from Hoselink (pair for $44), cheaper for more have excellent reviews and run all night.

daveb

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
i had a bunch similar ClassAT from back in the 90's and some from early 2000s they last for ever its only a single LED in center aimed down at a reflective cone they finally gave up the ghost from years of winter and summer year round use the coating on the top of solar cell on the old ones was basically a cast or poured polycoat and over time it yellowed and broke down and used the older NiMh batteries. the stuff today use the 18650 lithium and the new LED COBS key factors to look at for longer use. i had some nice ones my sister gave me a few years ago but someone decided one evening they liked them better and walked off with them i want to say they were "garden bright or bright garden" name on them, they had the 3528 series LED chip and they would last for a 2 almost 3 days from a solar charge even when covered with snow last winter you could see them along the driveway buried.

Reactions: DTK

Heizen

Climate
You can see and experience a huge difference if you invest in these JACKYLED lights. These are manufactured with an improved auto-off function. The upgraded switch control is adept at solving battery loss issues. What makes them a practical choice is that they can be utilized as guiding lights or warning step lights. Besides, they work great as adorning lights wherever you install them.

daveb

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
the major factor the " improved on off function" they all use the same basic circuit as a light sensor, minor improvements can be from time spent calibrating. the major factors of battery life is they type and Ah capacity of the battery and the LED efficiency. for the base system , along with weatherproofing . a few from that amazon list i have seen or tried and sent them back because their claims were false. make sure to check a consumer review area other then just amazon claims before purchasing

daveb

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
ok now here is some additional info if you are buying some of the more recent solar lights, if you buy them and they use 18650 battery under brand name on battery of
"ultra fire" send them back, there are still some of these fake batteries popping up on occasion. the market is so hard to watch and too many fakes out there in both batteries and led's themselves coming mostly out of china that are poor quality and re-label under other names

real 18650 battery will weight in at 45 g a few at 43g and some as high as 50g in weight , anything less then 42 to 43g question the validity of the battery. most reputable makers of lights will tell you battery and led brand name and the battery weight and a cri number and power draw of the led and charge rates of the solar

simplified .......
leds
the older style 5mm diameter 2.5 to 3.3 volt drawing 30mA draw giving off about 5 lumen like the older yellow ones
versus today's surface mounts like the samsung 5630 5.6 x 3.0 mm 2.8-2.9 V 65mA draw giving off 28 lumen pure white light
or cobs like the Vollong 3w high white cob led 3.7 v at 750 ma draw 180 and up to 200 lumen

The Samsung 25R remains our top seller for for the 18650 series battery. With a capacity of 2500mAh so 2 of these i a circuit in theory could power a single 5630 for days until the battery power dropped below the 2.8 trigger voltage of the light.

so long winded story short all this being said the final key is the size and type of solar charging panel the type of solar cell itself makes a huge difference Monocrystalline are the more efficient of the two most common cells they look like a black banded cell versus Polycrystalline the snowflake patter blue that everyone is familiar with.....
most manufactures do not balance size versus load of the solar cell to the requirements of the battery draw so i won't even get in to this but most of those light using multiple 5630 led would need a panel no less the about a surface area of 5 x 5 inches minimum to insure the batteries are charged assuming 2 batteries and 4 or 5 of the leds

single biggest killers of all solar lights and this holds true more for the folks down in hotter climates then to use here in colder climate HEAT....

as heat goes up the efficiency of the solar cell and life of the batteries drops off and at a fast dramatic curve every degree above 77F the eff. drops at about 0.26% per degree but if no air flow this can go as high as 149f in some rare cases at the surface of the solar cell itself in no air flow is allowed under or behind it in affect killed off 20% or more of the solar cells efficiency

so just a rough guide of issues around led lights for outdoors so so many factors including climate of your area bt like i said before look at actual independant product reviews not just one source and look for know name brand components and specs

Heizen

Climate
As a driver, I want my driveway area to be bright and well-lit because it will help me navigate my car. Not only that, but my garden or patio could also use some light. Good thing that I ordered this set from Beau Jardin!
I love how eco-friendly these lights are! They are pollution-free, and they do not contribute to greenhouse gases after installation. After installing them, I just let them soak up on the sun’s energy for a whole day. When night time came, they automatically lit up.

Top Bottom