Geo

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Hi David!

We're happy to see your interest into the SSM live stream. Mark has been working a lot these past few weeks and, while mentioning he was going to to the live stream Wednesday or Thursday he's also been really caught up last weekend and may end up postponing it for a bit.

Please make sure to follow his Youtube and Instagram and you should not miss it. He will try to post the video with a reminder most likely, but this being his first live stream, it may be the case that not everything will be set up and may happen "suddently" this one time.

Rest assured he's counting on all of us to participate and will do his best to let us know all the details in advance!

I will not start another thread since you opened this one, if there are any more details to be shared I will post them here as soon as they arrive :)

Keep getting into it!

JoshW

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
I haven't watched yet but will over the weekend. I think the timing would've thrown a lot of people to watch live.

Reactions: Geo

Mark

Founder
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Sorry Guys!

I'm very close to becoming more accessible here on our forum (once again) now that I have outsourced the website maintenance for this forum and also my website - this will free me up considerably (for as long as I can afford it :D ).

My intent is to do a live stream every Thursday around 9:00 AM (Australian Eastern Standard Time) to mainly answer questions and showcase different projects or parts of the garden in real-time. Perhaps in the future do a demo or workshop.

Thanks to @Geo for all his help moderating our forum whilst I have been awol and thanks to all of you who have kept our community running.

DThille

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Cold, Cool, Mountains, or Artic
Sorry Guys!

I'm very close to becoming more accessible here on our forum (once again) now that I have outsourced the website maintenance for this forum and also my website - this will free me up considerably (for as long as I can afford it :D ).

My intent is to do a live stream every Thursday around 9:00 AM (Australian Eastern Standard Time) to mainly answer questions and showcase different projects or parts of the garden in real-time. Perhaps in the future do a demo or workshop.

Thanks to @Geo for all his help moderating our forum whilst I have been awol and thanks to all of you who have kept our community running.

So that would be Wednesday at 6:00 p.m. for me here in Central Time in North America according to this Time Zone Converter

DTK

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Enjoying the videos Mark. I missed the comments about flat earth but from what you said I guess there were people making flat earth comments or jokes? They are around.

Davidwood1983

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Hope you’ve got your thermals on to pick those mandarins Mark. We dropped down to 4 deg here in beerwah last night and it hasn’t helped the origin mourning. I’ve got Thursday’s in the schedule now.

Last edited:

David the Deaf

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Sorry Guys!

Ah shoot. 9am Auzzie time on a Thursday is Wednesday 4:30pm my time, Pacific Standard Time. I sure could have used a bit of joy today too. I will try to catch it another week. Thank you for being entertaining too.

Mel M

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
I have really loved the live streams. I always learn so much! He actually addressed a problem I've been having, but I do have a follow-up question. I had to recently move my raised gardening to my front yard due to invasive Camphor roots invading my backyard beds...well that and to get more sun! I had 4 raised beds completely overtaken by feeder roots! They were so thick. My main concern was toxicity. Camphor in large quantities is toxic, so I'm wondering if that can come through the roots around my fruit trees. Can the camphor roots cause my veggies or fruit to become toxic? Anyone have knowledge about that? TIA!

Mandy Onderwater

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
I have really loved the live streams. I always learn so much! He actually addressed a problem I've been having, but I do have a follow-up question. I had to recently move my raised gardening to my front yard due to invasive Camphor roots invading my backyard beds...well that and to get more sun! I had 4 raised beds completely overtaken by feeder roots! They were so thick. My main concern was toxicity. Camphor in large quantities is toxic, so I'm wondering if that can come through the roots around my fruit trees. Can the camphor roots cause my veggies or fruit to become toxic? Anyone have knowledge about that? TIA!
Oof! That doesn't sound too good. Glad you came to find us!
Sadly I do not know a lot about the tree, but generally it's not recommended to put anything you'll frequently water near it. It's roots naturally gravitate towards the watered area and will become very invasive.
I don't know whether the roots can bleed into the plants, but as far as I know the whole tree is toxic.
I would recommend maybe putting some really strong weed blockers down to keep the roots out, just to be safe.

If everything goes right there should be a livestream again tomorrow! Maybe Mark can answer your questions better than I can!

Mel M

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Oof! That doesn't sound too good. Glad you came to find us!
Sadly I do not know a lot about the tree, but generally it's not recommended to put anything you'll frequently water near it. It's roots naturally gravitate towards the watered area and will become very invasive.
I don't know whether the roots can bleed into the plants, but as far as I know the whole tree is toxic.
I would recommend maybe putting some really strong weed blockers down to keep the roots out, just to be safe.

If everything goes right there should be a livestream again tomorrow! Maybe Mark can answer your questions better than I can!

Thank you for responding. :)

Top Bottom