Seedless Mandarin

Letsgokate

Valued Member
Premium Member
Website
letsgotravelaustralia.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Last winter I bought some very sweet juicy tasting seedless Mandarins from Woolworths (we were in WA at the time) I really want to grow one. It might have been a Afourer Murcott but I am not really sure. I had never seen them before. Can anyone help if this is the correct Mandarin or if there are other seedless than can be grown in the Brisbane area.

Thanks

Ash

Valued Member
Premium Member
Website
asmedical.webege.com
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Mandarin should do well in the subtropics. Do you have a photo example of this mandarin? Is it a tight or loose-skinned one? It might have been a seedless Imperial, which is a popular variety.

Mark

Founder
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
I have an Imperial and a Honey Murcott (non soft skinned) but I'm not aware of any seedless varieties to grow in the backyard, although, I'm sure there are several. If I see one I'll let you know!

Letsgokate

Valued Member
Premium Member
Website
letsgotravelaustralia.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Link on different variety of Aussie Mandarin

ROBBIE ENGALL’S SEEDLESS MANDARIN (Citrus unshiu)

This is a superior form of Satsuma mandarin, selected by the late Robbie Engall. It is a fantastic mandarin for the kids, with large fruit, puffy skin, making it easy to peel, mild flavour and no seeds. Fruit ripens early, in April and May on a small growing tree, making it ideal for the courtyard garden or in a pot. Encourage your kids to be healthy and plant one today!

Apparently in Qld Masters are the stockist for Engall's Citrus Could be worth chasing up.

Afourer Murcott - Can be seedless it depends on whether there is any cross-pollination

Daleys fruit - Recently imported Tangor, with rich, sweet juicy flavour. The tree is moderate in size and vigor. Thin, smooth, orange rind that is easy to peel. The fruit is low-seeded in the absence of cross-pollination, but seedy when cross-pollinated.

Ash

Valued Member
Premium Member
Website
asmedical.webege.com
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
I take it that's the Satsuma variety and they are also good. The Miho Wase type are of export quality.

Top Bottom