Seed sites?

Strongbadd12

Premium Member
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Hi everybody! I’m looking for online stores to order some heirloom seeds from, for a decent price. I have heard good things about, “rareseeds.com”. Does anyone else have some favorite sites they like to use or direct me to a thread, where this has already been discussed. Thanks. ~A Massachusetts Man

AZ Orchard

Premium Member
Climate
Arid, Desert, or Dry
I have mainly purchased from Baker Creek as you mentioned and MI Gardener.

Sparky

Premium Member
Climate
Sub-Tropical
I am in Australia and love ‘seed collection’, their seed packets start at $1.

Not sure about international shipping though.

Jacqui

Premium Member
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
For any aussies I can also recommend seed collection. Great prices and standard postage is cheap.

Bronnie Price

Premium Member
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
In Aus I like Green Harvest Organics and Eden Seeds. Both a very good quality.

Tonytony

Premium Member
Climate
Sub-Tropical
I use purepollination.com and ufseeds.com, really like them and their prices. ufseeds probably has more variety, and purepollination has really good seed kits, like you can get packs of different strains of tomatoes, onions, or carrots, or one of their big vegetable variety packs for a lower cost than buying separately.

Wanda

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Preper sites have heirloom seeds. www.beprepared.com has a can of various seeds for $39.95. They have good reviews.

Shannon Robinson

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Arid, Desert, or Dry
Hi. I’m out in central California. I buy from baker creek. Their good. I also buy from seeds from Italy. SfI are fabulous. They sell mainly franchi seed. Huge packets last several years if stored in fridge. Great vitality in franchi. Several of their varieties are Italian heirlooms.
I also use botanical interest. Good seed and I can buy them at a local grocery store. I’m trying Irish eyes for the first time. Not sure about them yet. I’ll post more after I see if the parsnips germinate. Finally I’m trying mi gardener. I’ll post more after the spring season as it’s the first time using them.

LisaN

Kalgoorlie West Aus
Premium Member
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
I'm sure MIGardener is having a .99 seed sale at the moment

DivingTemptress

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
I'm sure MIGardener is having a .99 seed sale at the moment
I have gotten seeds from MIGardener multiple times over the years and placed an order mid March .... very low germination, almost zero in many cases. I have written to complain and resolve and gotten NO response.

Also out of stock on majority of inventory. BEWARE

AZ Orchard

Premium Member
Climate
Arid, Desert, or Dry
Also out of stock on majority of inventory. BEWARE

"Beware"? LOL We are in a global crisis and many companies are out of stock. Many nurseries are out of stock.
MI Gardener is still operating and trying to serve those of us that are lucky enough to be Alive and shopping ...

DivingTemptress

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
"Beware"? LOL We are in a global crisis and many companies are out of stock. Many nurseries are out of stock.
MI Gardener is still operating and trying to serve those of us that are lucky enough to be Alive and shopping ...

I commiserate, however, if the seeds are not viable and fail to germinate, communication is key to keeping a customer happy.... I'm just saying

Mark Seaton

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
I am not sure about the usa but in Aus we have restrictions on seeds being sent to and from certain states. I had to try 3 different suppliers to get what I wanted.

Top Bottom