SCOBYS, anyone?

Discussion in 'Exercise, Health, and Well-being' started by Tim C, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Tim C

Tim C Two heads are better than one Premium Member GOLD

We all want SCOBYS, don't we? Symbiotic Cultures Of Bacteria and Yeast Strains?
    What the? That's the new(to me, anyway) acronym for it. Encompassing yoghurt, beer, water and milk kefirs and Kombucha, etc. And what should be in our Human guts. Well, I do feel a bit left behind-the-times. I truly feel updated to know their is an all-encompassing word. How much more wonderful does that make the world?
    Isn't it wonderful that someone(or a panel of some-ones) had the spare time to think that one up? Bureaucratss are great!

Sounds like it could be contagious!!!

Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Mark

Mark Founder Staff Member

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    SCOBYS for me please! Actually, make that a mid-size :ROFL:

Never heard of it but I suppose it's another way to say good gut bacteria or health. There's definitely merit in trying to develop a healthier guts (hence my lacto craze lately) but I didn't know there was a catching acronym for it.

SCOBYS Scooby Doo! :D

• Like Like x 2
  3. Mary Playford

Mary Playford Well-Known Member Premium Member

Climate:
    Temperate (all seasons)
    With my kiwi accent it might sound like “scabies” instead of SCOBYS” when I say it to others LOL.
    Next time I see this acronym I will know what it is, …always learning something new :D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1