Saying hello

Gardenfuher

Climate
Cold, Cool, Mountains, or Artic
Hello,

Figured I'd introduce myself. I'm from rurl Victoria and my husband and I aim to be as self sufficient as possible.

We have around 35 fruit trees (the orchard is home to the ducks), 17 Berry bushes underlayed with strawberries, a mini vinyard, a 10m veggie patch and an extensive herb garden crammed into 3/4 of an acre. Soon to come is a perminant trellis maze/tunnels so we can go vertical with pumpkins and such (while giving the kids a new play area).

Love Marks YouTube channel as it's really helped us jam pack as much as possible into the gardens without needing heavy duty chemicals.

Mandy Onderwater

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Welcome to the forum!
Oh goodness me, that sounds amazing! We have a couple of members who actually handmake some play areas for their (grand)kids as well! It's very interesting to see how people try to include the whole family in gardening.
What kinds of fruit trees do you have? And are the ducks kept as pets or just wild that made their living there.

Feel free to ask any question you have and we'll all try our best to answer it ;)

Gardenfuher

Climate
Cold, Cool, Mountains, or Artic
We have a mix of trees: apples, pears, quince, cherries, plums, apricots, peach, nectarine and olives and I'm probably forgetting something.

The ducks are for Eggs and meat. A mix of silver apple yards and kaki Campbell's. They're also great for keeping pests out of the orchard.

Certainly will be asking if anything comes to mind

Mandy Onderwater

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
We have a mix of trees: apples, pears, quince, cherries, plums, apricots, peach, nectarine and olives and I'm probably forgetting something.

The ducks are for Eggs and meat. A mix of silver apple yards and kaki Campbell's. They're also great for keeping pests out of the orchard.

Certainly will be asking if anything comes to mind
Sounds great!

Top Bottom