Tip Reporting issues and suggestions

JP 1983

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
What was the 'new Articles' page bug though? :eek:
I shall call it the white screen of death (some bad code which meant the page loaded white with a coding error at the top). Seems to be fixed now, though. :thumbsup:

Mandy Onderwater

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
I shall call it the white screen of death (some bad code which meant the page loaded white with a coding error at the top). Seems to be fixed now, though. :thumbsup:
Ah yes, that was a temporary issue all over the server actually. Been sorted now!

JP 1983

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
G'day Mandy,

I'd just like to report a quirk which is bothering me somewhat on the articles page. It seems they have an edit timeout (it must be long, maybe 7 or 14 days), which means at some point the article becomes "set in stone" and is no longer subject to changes.

While this may be good for some purposes, it is a fair bother when I wish to update my Aussie Bush Foods article with new information based on my own experimentation with the foods. I haven't yet posted a food that I haven't hunted down and tasted myself (and many times gone back for seconds), but experimenting with processes (e.g. threshing, milling and baking lomandra) is an on-going thing and I would appreciate being able to modify my articles after-the-fact with breakthroughs of this nature. I would note, by comparison, that forum posts do not have this editing timeout and may be modified at any time by the original author (which makes keeping a Table of Contents for my ever-expanding bushfoods article a breeze).

I would appreciate if technical admin could explore this issue.

Cheers.

Mandy Onderwater

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
G'day Mandy,

I'd just like to report a quirk which is bothering me somewhat on the articles page. It seems they have an edit timeout (it must be long, maybe 7 or 14 days), which means at some point the article becomes "set in stone" and is no longer subject to changes.

While this may be good for some purposes, it is a fair bother when I wish to update my Aussie Bush Foods article with new information based on my own experimentation with the foods. I haven't yet posted a food that I haven't hunted down and tasted myself (and many times gone back for seconds), but experimenting with processes (e.g. threshing, milling and baking lomandra) is an on-going thing and I would appreciate being able to modify my articles after-the-fact with breakthroughs of this nature. I would note, by comparison, that forum posts do not have this editing timeout and may be modified at any time by the original author (which makes keeping a Table of Contents for my ever-expanding bushfoods article a breeze).

I would appreciate if technical admin could explore this issue.

Cheers.
Thank you for letting me know! I'll check it out!

Mark

Founder
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
G'day Guys,

@Mandy Onderwater got hold of me and I have changed the settings for Premium and Gold Members to have unlimited editing time on articles they have created for those who are wanting to post extended articles that may need regular updates etc.

It's great to see Members utilising our Article System! :)

JP 1983

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
G'day Guys,

@Mandy Onderwater got hold of me and I have changed the settings for Premium and Gold Members to have unlimited editing time on articles they have created for those who are wanting to post extended articles that may need regular updates etc.

It's great to see Members utilising our Article System! :)
Sweet as!

Top Bottom