Quail raising

Biranicous maximus

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Tropical
My wife is worried about the noise and space needs of quail. Any recommendations? I have read about the 1 ft spacing per quail, but many countries just cram them all in a rabbit cage. I like in Lakeland and the rules on fowl are that they have to be 50 ft from building unless you have the neighbors permission. Any thought would be greatly appreciated!

Mandy Onderwater

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
It may be an old video, but it may still help!

Biranicous maximus

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Tropical
I watched those and showed the wife. Can't really get a good sense of the noise though. I know that Mark said he wanted the run to be large enough to walk in as well as he wanted his to have a more natural life style. Idk the world is so divided on what's right for those small ones.

Mark

Founder
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Give them as much space as possible because quail will fight if crammed in but having said that they are a small bird and do well in small spaces grouped together.

The noise the male makes is not that loud but it can become consistent especially if you have several. The females are not noisy. For a decent sized yard or property they shouldn't disturb your neighbour unless the pen was right outside their bedroom... :)

Biranicous maximus

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Tropical
That's great to know. I've been watching all kinds of videos lately and wanted to know about that before jumping into it.

Top Bottom