Question Potatoes

Mardi

Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
I want to ask a question but am not sure where I should do it. Hope this is the right place.
My potato plants looked wonderful about 10 days ago I am mulching them up as they grow. However today they look strange, all the leaves on the new stems are tiny and stunted and the ends are curling up. I looked for images online but none of them looked similar. Any suggestions. I cannot post a photo as my phone is not synching

Mandy Onderwater

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Hello @Mardi ! Not entirely the right location but I can move that without an issue :)
You cannot upload pictures as you're still under "anti-spam protection". It's a small barrier that prevents people from doing certain things for a short while, just to help us repel spammers. Being active for a couple of days will help you work past that and will gain you full access to the forum! You'll notice you'll be called a "premium member" when it's lifted. :D

From the sounds of it you might perhaps have potato aphids. Have you noticed any bugs on or around your plant?

Mark

Founder
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
It could be a number of things... The first thing that comes to mind is a virus since it came on suddenly. But it could be a water issue either too much or too little.

Top Bottom