Paris Market Carrots

Discussion in 'Fruit & Vegetable Growing' started by stevo, Oct 13, 2014.

1. stevo

stevo Backyard Farmer Premium Member GOLD

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    I visited a friends property at the Sunshine Coast on the weekend, they gave me some carrots to take home. They gave me more than this but I split them with someone.

These are called Paris Market Carrots, and from googling, these ones are very big for that variety.

I think they look great. It gave me a bit of motivation to fix my garden up a bit too.
    parismarketcarrots.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. Mark

Mark Founder Staff Member

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    They seem to be a short stubby type - possibly could be easier to grow than the longer ones and less prone to forking? Great looking carrots.

I've been meaning to plant carrots for months but for some reason I keep forgetting. I have the seed so I'm going to sow them today - thanks for reminding me!

3. stevo

stevo Backyard Farmer Premium Member GOLD

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    From the ones I googled they're usually a little round short thing. These ones were pretty fat though, so you still get a lot of carrot. They're almost all gone, steamed them all.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tim C

Tim C Two heads are better than one Premium Member GOLD

Down here the supermarkets have 5kg bags of juicing carrots real cheap. They're enormous. Lighter coloured than some and very sweet. I have Atomic Reds, Purple haze, Lubyana yellow and Solar yellows in. All booming along, and nice loose sandy soil, so they should be decent size and shape.

• Like Like x 1