New here

Jen Young

Mar 20, 2021
Tennessee
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Hi I actually joined to get some help with starting a worm farm in my garden. Have to start someplace. I lost my 8 year old son 2 years ago so my gardening has been an outlet. I want to turn my 90% of my yard into a garden. It helps me
IMG_20210317_182110406_1.jpg
and produces something positive in my life. If anyone can guide me to the worm world I would appreciate it. The soil has very little worms it's not good soil at all but I am optimistic I can make something out of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: DThille

AndrewB

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Apr 2, 2018
Albury, NSW
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Welcome Jen, I think worm towers would work well in your beds. And some mulch on top will help hold the moisture & make it a nicer place for worms & other critters.

This video by Morag Gamble shows how to make the worm towers:

Reactions: Jen Young

Jen Young

Mar 20, 2021
Tennessee
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Welcome Jen, I think worm towers would work well in your beds. And some mulch on top will help hold the moisture & make it a nicer place for worms & other critters.

This video by Morag Gamble shows how to make the worm towers:
Thank you for the reply. In the two large beds in the photo, I am doing beets and carrots. Should I sew seeds and after that mulch? My mulch is leaves I normally do not buy such things when I can get them from nature. I also am a seed saver but not a worm farmer lol. Those to beds have better soil. The smaller beds use to bed a driveway in the 70's so the dirt is not as great. I did notice baby worms yesterday! Gosh, I was so happy to see those little fellers. What I have done is dig a trench on one side I am placing newspapers and daily compostable material and covering it up. My idea is to plant on the other side. I am putting up a fence today inside the bed for climbers.

Jen Young

Mar 20, 2021
Tennessee
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
I will do a tower that is cool thanks. I know a plumber maybe he has some pipes I can have.