New composite boxes for the Euro Bee's and just got 6 empty native hives omg

Ray Speed

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Just swapped over the 2 older boxes for new composite boxes what a difference, have about 50kg of Honey to spin lol
and was lucky enough to snap up 6 brand new empty native bee boxes that will soon be humming away
11.jpg
111.jpg

Wedgetail

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Hi Ray those are pretty flash bee homes . I hope to get some bees (been saying it for so long but it still hasn't happened) now I have started fermenting our garlic in honey it gets a bit pricey buying honey all the time. Is your honey from the natives or do you have honey bees as well? Have a great day Dave.

Ray Speed

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Hi Ray those are pretty flash bee homes . I hope to get some bees (been saying it for so long but it still hasn't happened) now I have started fermenting our garlic in honey it gets a bit pricey buying honey all the time. Is your honey from the natives or do you have honey bees as well? Have a great day Dave.
HI Mate
we have two large Euro hives also, they have just given us 60 odd Kilos of Honey, and we still have to harvest a heap more frames, the honey is bloody awesome, lovely and dark (been out in the forestry) prior to us getting them, we have just swapped them into the new boxes and new frames so looking amazing

Ray Speed

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Little video of Bee's in their new box :)
They love it

Ray Speed

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Oh I love that!
What are the yellow shutters for? Is that for moving them?
They have a couple of uses, screwed onto the front of the box its designed to stop vermin from nesting in brood boxes as well as a quick way to reduce the entrance or close up the hive for transportation but still have ventilation. Slide the yellow tabs to where you need them and away you go :)

Top Bottom