Mini Green House

Discussion in 'Fruit & Vegetable Growing' started by Perry, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Perry

Perry Well-Known Member Premium Member

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    G'day,
    Please could somebody tell me where I can purchase about 8 mt of the Plastic Shade Cloth. Bunnings has the shade houses and replacement covers but not the Plastic Material that can be cut to length. I have tried all the places I can think of in Maryborough. So I would have to find a seller else where.
    Cheers Perry

2. ClissAT

ClissAT Valued Member Premium Member GOLD

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Perry when I was growing commercially, I got my supplies from specialty rural and growers suppliers.
    In Maryborough, have you tried rural supplies stores?
    Is there a Westfarmers store up there?
    I just got the yellow pages out to look up a company I used to deal with at Nambour.
    But to my dismay, yellow pages is now a shadow of its former informative capacity.
    No listings for Horticultural supplies businesses or even agricultural suppliers!
    So then its google. I searched horticultural shade cloth Maryborough.
    I found several garden suppliers in Maryborough.
    I also found Fernland at Nambour which was the company I used previously.
    Fernland is a huge horticultural supplies company with pretty much everything you need for growing.
    You can visit them instore and I recommend you take the drive to do that because it will be like visiting a toy store! Every conceivable thing for growing that you may or not need!

Currently they have a half price postage deal so get onto it during August.
    Here is the link for them. I just landed on the shade cloth page but you can navigate to any part of the store from there.

https://fernland.com.au/home-garden/fabrics-accessories/knitted-shadecloth.html

Good luck, I hope you find what you need Perry.