Merry Christmas everyone! 2016

Discussion in 'Announcements, Rules, Admin Questions' started by Mark, Dec 24, 2016.

1. Mark

Mark Founder Staff Member

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Hi guys,

I just wanted to wish you all (particularly our members) a very Merry Christmas!

We're approaching 500 members on our forum and I feel like we have made some real progress this year in establishing an online community forum that is unique to any other out there on the web - and I do mean that.

In a world where the big guys dominate just about everything - including web content - I'm really heartened by the fact people are still popping over from the big platforms (like Facebook and Twitter) to share information here and to enjoy what we have to offer also.

I'm not saying websites like Facebook don't do a good job at catering for their members, I'm just pointing out that many of us sometimes buy our food from the small grocer or market stall instead of always from Woolworths... People naturally seek out alternatives to big market forces and it will always be that way - thankfully.

Therefore, I do expect our popularity to grow in 2017; with that, I'm still keen to keep developing the site to improve information flow and presentation thereby encouraging more visitors to become active members. As always any ideas to improve our platform are welcome.

Anyway, I didn't want to rave on too much... So, Merry Christmas for 2016 and have a safe and happy holiday season. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  2. Ash

Ash Valued Member Premium Member GOLD

Climate:
    Temperate (all seasons)
    And same to you Mark. I'm thankful that there are people such as yourself putting in the effort to establish a forum on your own for people to find all things self-sufficient. You give so freely of yourself you ought to be commended for the work you put in. Cheers.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Mark

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    And, I'm thankful for Drs like you who work long hours to make humanity a better place. Cheers mate :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Mikielives

Mikielives Active Member Premium Member

Climate:
    Temperate (all seasons)
    Merry Christmas to you and yours Mark. Thanks for the work you do and for this platform where we all are able to share our experience and thoughts. A great site! (ps..as I write this it is the 24th, tomorrow is Christmas here. I hope Santa didn't run out of gifts after loading you Aussies up!!):fighthey: Ha!

• Like Like x 2
  5. ClissAT

ClissAT Valued Member Premium Member GOLD

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Merry xmas from me too.
    It'll be a very quiet xmas for me this year.
    The sky says it might rain. That would be a nice pressie.
    There are small coastal showers coming across the coast but they peter out before getting here.
    Here's a bit of Aussie fun. You have to click on the link below the pic. I wasn't able to embed the video in my post. It takes you to my Photobucket album so there shouldn't be any security issues. If you like looking at horse's feet you can browse around my album after watching my little video! ;)

[​IMG]

http://vid340.photobucket.com/albums/o358/claireT_2008/AussieJingleBells.mp4

• Like Like x 2
  6. letsgo

letsgo Valued Member Premium Member GOLD

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Merry Christmas to you and your family Mark a d to everyone else on the forum. Like everyone here I have benefited greatly from this forum, it's great to see some more new members recently contributing and getting involved.

This year is my first Christmas with some home grown produce, it will make Christmas dinner even more special

• Like Like x 2
  7. Mikielives

Climate:
    Temperate (all seasons)
    • Like Like x 2
  8. stevo

stevo Backyard Farmer Premium Member

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    bah humbug ... someone had to say it :p

It's pouring rain here now and i'm imagining the new bikes and swings that all the kids got today will be unusable .. hah.. :p

ok ok.. merry xmas all. Thanks to all the members here for providing me with entertainment, and also for being a mature and polite bunch :cheers:

• Like Like x 2
  9. Mikielives

Climate:
    Temperate (all seasons)
    "Cheers to stevo!" I say with a goofy grin as I hold up a glass of my home made honey elixir...."to your good health stevo!"

• Like Like x 2
  10. ClissAT

ClissAT Valued Member Premium Member GOLD

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Thanks Mikie for your version of Jingle Bells!

Well I got my wish! A lovely storm that so far has yielded over 2inches.
    Lots of close lightening & pounding thunder but thankfully not a breath if wind.
    Just what the doctor ordered. :thumbsup:

Only one complaint...... I haven't finished clearing out all the drains down my long sloping driveway.
    The 2 drains nearest the gate are yet to be done & both full with washed off gravel & debris so todays rain will wash more gravel right over the top & away to be lost. My drive is impassable without a good covering of gravel in a good wet season.
    Such hard work digging, clearing & barrowing that gravel back up the drive but has to be done. With all the extra hard work I did clearing out my dear departed Mother's retirement unit garden, there was nothing left for my own maintenance work.
    Oh well, I hope not too much gets washed away. At least the other 7 drains along the driveway got done over the last 10days.

Next storm arriving now. :)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  11. Skippyherron

Skippyherron Well-Known Member Premium Member

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!

Thanks for all the information packed forums Mark and all the contributors here as well.
    xx kel

• Like Like x 2
  12. Mark

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Happy New Year :popcork:

• Like Like x 1