Question Markisa/Passion Fruit

Frank

Premium Member
GOLD
Website
archive.org
Climate
Tropical
Last time, I left my fruit on the vine till it got purple and dropped of from itself. Because, that's how I read you should do it. But, when I opened my fruit, it was empty... only a few seeds. So, it was failure.

Now, I got new fruit(still small) on another vine and a friend told me, I had to pick it when it's still green and let it ripen in the house.

What is the correct way?

Thanks a lot,

F.

JoshW

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Hi Frank, I haven't had passion fruit for years but back on the farm we had a massive vine. During the drought, we couldn't spare enough water and found the fruit as you describe - ripe but with little or no pulp. Once the drought receded, the vines were watered more often and the plump fruit full of pulp came back. Never picked them green.

Frank

Premium Member
GOLD
Website
archive.org
Climate
Tropical
Thanks a lot. Yesterday, I took the 3 remaining fruits from the vine, 1 still green, I will see what happens with it, if I let it ripe. The most ripe fruit, I opened and it had a little more pulp.

I think you are right, with my plant having less water. That, and it was in a polybag. Now, I got a new plant in a much bigger pot... easier to water.

Thanks again

Top Bottom