Last nights storms

Cobbadiggabuddyblooo

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
How did you all fair in last nights storm cells passing through SE Qld??
Was a brilliant light show up here and then I could hear it coming from the south west like a freight train 1-2 minutes before it hit. Hail for the first couple of minutes and 20mm of rain in the first 20minutes. Zucchini and cucumbers are a little blessed and holy but most of crops are netted.

Cobbadiggabuddyblooo

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
0FE2FBAE-83AC-473E-9A8B-252DFBEDF272.png

More again today . Good weather for Ducks down your way Mark. Oh hang on you don’t have any more . 😆 😆 oops 😬 wow just as well I checked the spelling before I posted. Both vowels U and I are side by side on the keyboard.

HelenCate

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Lots of noise out there. Haven't heard any ground strikes though. Hardly any wind, thankfully.

Cobbadiggabuddyblooo

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Just like you Helen, a lot of noise and passed within a whisker of us. Yet Darryl’s farm about 400m away I could see it bucketing down . Because we are right on top of the mountain we often see the same thing the rains coming from the west / NW. Different story from the South East tho and we’ll get the rain and most around us miss out... 😆 All works out in the wash...

Cobbadiggabuddyblooo

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Top of Mount Mee is where in the little clear patch underneath the letter B ( Caboolture )

KathrynJN

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
We had a decent storm here in Ipswich (SEQ) today. Heavy wind and small hail. It blew over my corn and capsicums. I'm waiting for it to dry a little, then I'll try to deal with it all tomorrow.

Cobbadiggabuddyblooo

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
More of the same I fear the next couple of days Kathryn. Hope you can resurrect some of the plants. My cucumbers and zucchini where peppered last week by the hail but the cucumbers 🥒 held in there and are coming along ok again.

KathrynJN

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
The corn and capsicums only seemed to be fallen over, not broken, which is good. I put frames around the capsicums, and stakes and string around the whole bed of corn. The middle row are lying on an outer row, but it was too much of a job trying to get them to stand up on their own. I guess I just have to wait and see what sort of crop I get..

20211209_124145 2.jpg

Mandy Onderwater

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
The corn and capsicums only seemed to be fallen over, not broken, which is good. I put frames around the capsicums, and stakes and string around the whole bed of corn. The middle row are lying on an outer row, but it was too much of a job trying to get them to stand up on their own. I guess I just have to wait and see what sort of crop I get..

View attachment 6205
Hoping for the best! Your garden looks great though! :D

Top Bottom