Kitchen and Butler's Pantry Renovation VLOG 3

Grandmother Goose

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Arid, Desert, or Dry
I have never been a fan of floor tiles, but I think my mind has just been changed on that topic.

As for the rain, that I can empathise with. I had big plans for my yard this year but they keep getting held back by rain of all things, and I'm in the middle of a desert! No sooner have things dried out enough to get into something which can takes weeks to do, and it rains again!

As for house renos, I'll be getting into that in future years as well, so I'll have more to relate on that topic in years to come I imagine.

Mandy Onderwater

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
I can appreciate floor tiles if they're not those tiny ones (imagine 5 by 5), they often left such an uneven feeling floor that hurts to the feet! A grandmother of mine had tiny ones in green and they were horrible. In saying that though... they lasted for over 40 years.
Mark's floor tiles seem a comfortable size, to keep clean as well! You'll learn to appreciate tiles when you spill and just a wipe and it's gone.

Oh wowzers, it's even that bad in the desert huh @Grandmother Goose . We've had our fair share too and the ground is slushing under our feet; completely waterlogged. And I just planted my flowers too! So here's hoping they survive the wet.

DThille

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Cold, Cool, Mountains, or Artic
There's a triple constraint in project management - time, cost, and product/quality - to improve one will require a sacrifice in at least one of the others. Our last significant renovation was ten years ago, but we've done a few in this 1903 house. When you deconstruct, there is almost always a surprise.

I watched a video on YouTube yesterday - Joel Salatin with Dr. Mina ____________ on inflation. It was a really interesting perspective as things that would normally take a week are taking a month or several months, so as a farmer who would regularly purchase egg cartons to distribute farm eggs to customers, when you can no longer get them in a timely fashion, you have to purchase bigger quantities and then store them. In the US a lot of these things come back to labour supply and the last two years, when one person got sick, the entire department could be shut down as folks isolate for a time and production stops.

Anyway, perhaps a bit off topic, but seeing as Mark has had some delays, it occurred to me some of the related reasons may apply. It's always nice to see a project making progress.

We haven't had any precipitation that has been nearly as torrential, but the timing is a challenge...when I have time to get to the country to do work, it's raining or has recently been raining so that things are too wet to get certain things done. That's always been the case, but I'm chomping at the bit to get some work done at the acreage.

Jason890

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Have not seen
Where’s it posted ?

Grandmother Goose

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Arid, Desert, or Dry
I can appreciate floor tiles if they're not those tiny ones (imagine 5 by 5), they often left such an uneven feeling floor that hurts to the feet! A grandmother of mine had tiny ones in green and they were horrible. In saying that though... they lasted for over 40 years.
Mark's floor tiles seem a comfortable size, to keep clean as well! You'll learn to appreciate tiles when you spill and just a wipe and it's gone.

Oh wowzers, it's even that bad in the desert huh @Grandmother Goose . We've had our fair share too and the ground is slushing under our feet; completely waterlogged. And I just planted my flowers too! So here's hoping they survive the wet.
I spent 8 years living in a rental with 30x30 tiles in literally every room except the bathroom and laundry which had those 5x5 hexagonal tiles and I learned to not appreciate it. Yeah, cleaning them is good, except the grout. I don't completely hate floor tiles, they have their place in every house and are hard to beat in wet areas, but for a large living area, I think I'd want them huge like Mark's if I was ever going to do that otherwise I'd prefer some sort of laminate type flooring.

Top Bottom