Just an oldie, back to nosy around :smug:

Mary Playford

Premium Member
GOLD
Oct 24, 2014
Elizabeth, Adelaide, South Australia.
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
I have been struggling with health issues for a while and I just started back doing more gardening this year. Mark never ceases to amaze me with the growth of his passion, and it's inspiring and encouraging. I have a young fruit forest in my backyard and front yard. And, I am adding more fruit trees as I go. We have been enjoying the fruit in the last 4 years. I try and keep my trees to a manageable height and so far they adapt.

I have a few garden beds at the front and backyard One day, I would like to upgrade to a no bend over garden beds. We are getting hotter each year, so I am also going to grow some of my veggies under the fruit trees.

I love learning about propagating plants either by cuttings, air-layering, or dividing. I like to learn more about grafting. My first attempt failed. I guess I lack patience. I also like hybridizing. I also like to grow tropical fruit and plants even if they are not native to my area. I have an avocado, I grew from seeds. I also have mangoes, ice cream, guava, frangipani/plumeria, sugarcane, pineapple. My first attempt with them didn't go well. I know they will grow and fruit in Adelaide, so I started some new ones.

I lack discipline in getting my plants in or sowing seeds on time. I just keep at it. No one is chasing me around the garden to get it done :yahoo::nuts:

To the Aussies stay warm and to our Internation friends, stay cool :wave:

Mark

Founder
Staff member
May 27, 2012
Bellmere, QLD
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
I lack discipline in getting my plants in or sowing seeds on time. I just keep at it. No one is chasing me around the garden to get it done
LOL hey, Mary it happens to all of us! The main thing is we keep at it...

Hope you're starting to come good (health wise) :)