Interesting Fitness Article

Discussion in 'Exercise, Health, and Well-being' started by Steve, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Steve

Steve Valued Member Premium Member

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Mark

Mark Founder Staff Member

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    I agree with consistency with workouts is very important - exercise must be done regularly and a missed workout is to be avoided if possible.

I sort of agree with long term goals (I see where he is coming from) but smaller shorter goals can be a way to keep newbies motivated also.

I definitely agree with starting slow and building fitness slowly because the body takes a long time to fully adapt to a new exercise regime.

I don't agree with leaving "reps in the tank" as his weight lifting example is flawed IMO as good weight training should be done to max failure when applicable unless you're a beginner.

Overall I reckon it's a good article and well worth the read. Good find mate :thumbsup:

3. Steve

Steve Valued Member Premium Member

Agree Mark. Max failure is my philosophy too (now I just need to listen to myself!)

4. DarrylSpiers

DarrylSpiers Guest

Very useful information i must say. Thank you for sharing about this truth about exercise. Everyone should be aware about exercise.