Question Insect repelling plants............

GKW

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
So, the other day I was at Bunnings to grab a few things (as you do) and had a browse through the seedlings. Got talking to one of the Bunnings crew who actually appeared to know a thing or two and she asked me if I had seen this plant....It's called "Lads Love" or Artemisia. According to the Bunnings staff member and the info card on the plant it can help reduce the impact of those wonderful critters who like noshing on your fruit and veg.

Here's some pics.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

So I thought what the heck and bought a couple and whacked into one of the veg beds and one into the strawberries. Will see how this goes. I also like the receipt for an organic pesticide spray you can make with it.

Anyone heard of this plant before or had experience using it in their patch?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 254
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 258
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 245

AndrewB

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
I have a few of these around the place. They don't seem to do much where you have them planted in the garden, the cabbage moths were still happily munching away right next to it.

It does smell great though, I've been taking a few leaves & rubbing them on my arms when the mozzies come out, which seems to help.

GKW

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
It does smell great though, I've been taking a few leaves & rubbing them on my arms when the mozzies come out, which seems to help.

Ta for the tip.

nzmitzi

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
I'm pretty sure that is commonly known as wormwood, used in the alcoholic drink called Absinthe

Top Bottom