Veg Showcase Indoor Lettuces

Indoor Lettuce grown under T5 Flourescents
Basic Growing Tips
  1. Can be grown all year (under certain conditions)

Chaz

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Chaz submitted a new Showcase Item:

Indoor Lettuces

Except for the time of year that I start my seeds for the outdoor garden, I am growing lettuces and microgreens inside under Flourescent lighting. All-organic, and I use my own soil mixture, made very similarly to how Marc described making seedling potting soil in his video posted on Feb 6, 2020. My soil recipe, 1/2 part vermiculite, 1 part of my compost made up of grass clippings and chipped up leaves from last fall, 1/3 part kitchen-scrap compost, 1/3 part composted cow manure, 1 part peat moss, and 1/10th part worm castings. (you can also do this with 1 part peat moss, 1/2 to 1 part vermiculite, and 1 part of three different types of compost)

When a tray is done, I throw the soil and leftovers into the worm-bin, and they recycle it into worm castings. These are used to go into soil mixes, and fertilizer for the lawn and garden.

Read more about this showcase item here...

Wanda

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Chaz,
I’d like to see more pics of your room setup. Does your lettuce farm take up the whole area? Are the worm bins in the same room? Do you ever go on vacation and leave it unattended? Or have someone look after everything for you? That’s my hold back on a lot of things, I like to take a long vacay and not worry about my things dying while I’m gone.

Top Bottom