Hi Jim, Rockhampton

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Jim EDWARDS, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Jim EDWARDS

Jim EDWARDS New Member Premium Member

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Hey. Jim from Rocky. Been gardening only 18 months. Planted fruit trees, Vegie garden and we have chooks. Finding summer garden in Rocky very hard. Hot dry temps and plenty of bugs. Busy with work means hard to keep on top of. Making plenty of mistakes but rewarding.

2. GKW

GKW Well-Known Member Premium Member GOLD

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    G'Day Jim and welcome.

Yeah, mistakes a plenty (same here) but a great learning curve to be on re growing your own fruit and veg.

How's the rain been up Rocky way?

3. Jim EDWARDS

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Yesterday I tipped 10mls. We then had a good storm and today I tipped 23. I cannot remember how long since I have done that. Fingers crossed we get some more.

It would be nice to Mow grass instead of dirt. Funny thing is the Tomatoes and egg plants that self seeded next to the chook pen are doing better than anything I grow on purpose.

4. GKW

GKW Well-Known Member Premium Member GOLD

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Enjoy the random produce...I found strawberries kicking off in the lawn aways from the actual bed they are in. Go figure.

I've not seen anything like the rain we are getting in Sydney actually in Sydney before. Last time I saw rain and wind like this was when I was in FNQ on hols and Cyclone Owen rolled over the top of us, but Owen moved on quicker. I'm not complaining, just amazed by this rain dump. Knew this rain was on the way so cut the lawns (dust bowls) low cos they are going to go nuts once the sun and humidity come back.

5. AZ Orchard

AZ Orchard Active Member Premium Member GOLD

Climate:
    Arid, Desert, or Dry
    Welcome:) I am slowly seeing the return of bugs too as the weather here flirts with warm temps.

6. Jim EDWARDS

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Thankyou.

7. Mark

Mark Founder Staff Member

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    G'day Jim and thanks for joining SSC we have a lot of people becoming members of our forum at the moment so please forgive the time delay in promoting you to Premium but I have to do this manually in order to keep spam under control. Remember to interact via posting or creating threads to get and retain your Gold status and this enables other privileges such as the ability to enter competitions. I hope to interact more myself with you and others in the future. Cheers :)