hi guys/gals

cam

Premium Member
never done this before recently bought small acreage around gympie qld and always wanted to be self sufficiant in my lifestlye for myself andfamily so far have installed 5kwt solar we have good soil good dam and heaps of potential on my block 3 acres .i am butcher by trade andhave a blank canvass so far. put in variouse fruit trees and chickem house and thinking about getting dorpers to mow and eat.am interestedin growing mushrooms from logs? any info on anything would be great as i am new to it all cheers cam

Mark

Founder
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Welcome Cam!

Gympie and surrounds is top spot. Sounds like you have a really good base to start with fertile soil, dam, practical skills like butchery, and you can obviously make things (like your chicken house) - you're going to love acreage living I bet. Lots of hard work but fun hard :)

We like chatting about all the stuff you mentioned (including mushies) so start a thread, or ask questions, and feel free to answer some too. Is your avatar a pic of your property?

cam

Premium Member
yeah mate thats a pic kof the side paddock with dam about 2 acres love this area cheap and good land ;)

Top Bottom