Hi from Noosa

Ola

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Hi Everyone

I'm very new to gardening but have been inspired by Mark's YouTube videos and have started a small vege garden. What I love is that the videos are so relevant, and in particular for me - the same climate.

I can't believe how much I'm enjoying it... just hanging out in my garden every morning before I go to work and then again in the afternoon after work to check what's changed! I'm finding it really relaxing.

I'm looking forward to checking things out on this forum (new to gardening and to forums!)

Ola

Wedgetail

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Hi Ola welcome it's great you have started a new journey into the world of veggy growing once you taste your homegrown produce and see how much better it is compared to store bought stuff you will be hooked for ever . All the best Dave

Mark

Founder
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
I can't believe how much I'm enjoying it... just hanging out in my garden every morning before I go to work and then again in the afternoon after work to check what's changed! I'm finding it really relaxing.
It's a revelation, isn't it!

Us gardeners often joke about just how good this hobby is as a de-stressor "smell the roses" etc but honestly it really does work :)

Thanks for joining us Ola!

Swedish fiddler

Premium Member
Climate
Cold, Cool, Mountains, or Artic
Welcome Ola
Gardening is a wonderful thing for both body and mind.
And the best thing is that it never ends if you put in some tender love and care.

Do note one thing and don't do as I did. Don't be afraid to ask. I was afraid to ask things in the beginning before I met Fredrik. And I had a lot of trouble to. Therefore there is no stupid or silly questions. So don't be afraid to ask.

/Fredrik and Army dude.

Patty

Premium Member
Climate
Tropical
Welcome Ola.
You are right - gardening can be therapy for many people (myself included). I love seeing things sprout, flower and produce. Enjoy!

ClissAT

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Welcome Ola! Getting your hands dirty is a form of earthing that our bodies seem to need.
In general, gardening is such a quiet, gentle art and skill.
You must by now feel different when you go to work each day, compared to how you felt before your gardening came along.
And now you get some great veg as well!:thumbsup:
Its all good.

BeeTee

Premium Member
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Welcome Ola, gardening is great therapy indeed, right from the planning stages to the harvesting of your crops (well it was for me anyway). Have fun.

Brian.

Top Bottom