HELP! Purchasing Problem for Sifter

Universalpuzzle

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Hi I’m trying to purchase the soil sifter.. But it’s not recognising my delivery location which is Tasmania am I doing something wrong? Thanks

ClissAT

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
What's the mail order company?

Are you using a numbered street address or a post box?
Post boxes aren't allowed. If this is your only option you need to use the street address of your local post office then arrange to collect from there.
Or go with Australia Post as you delivery option which can sometimes change the parameters in your favour.

Other than that pretty much every hardware store will sell the plain old round $15 plastic soil sifter which I've found to be as good as any.

Universalpuzzle

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Unfortunately in this case it is a case of being Australia! ..overseas issue!

William Welch

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Unfortunately in this case it is a case of being Australia! ..overseas issue!
Update! I just went to the company's website and went the the first steps of checkout. I was able to select Australia as the country, and then Tasmania as the state. Didn't have a postal code, so I went no further in the process. Did you get that far, and did it then reject your postal code?

Have you tried asking Mark directly here? He's usually quite good at getting back, and he would probably have a definitive answer. Also, if you have friends on the mainland in Australia, perhaps you could have it shipped to them, and they could ship it to you. I think the company ships to Australia... Good Luck

Last edited:

William Welch

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
I also just noticed there is a member here named Cheryl Smyth. That's the name of the woman who makes the rolling garden sifter. I'll bet it's the same woman. Might be worth a shot contacting her.

Universalpuzzle

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
I have contacted the inventor already.. she said the costs to Australia are very high.. But she would get back to me.. I’m hoping Mark.. if possible you can do a bulk order shipment... clearly we are. Interested

Mark

Founder
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
I’m hoping Mark.. if possible you can do a bulk order shipment... clearly we are. Interested
Yes, I do understand the frustrations but the costs for postage outside of the USA are terrible even if I do a bulk order...

But I have contacted @Cheryl Smyth and understand she is exploring options on how she can get her sifter/s out of the USA for a reasonable postage cost to make sales viable.

I will let you know when I have any more news.

Fergzter

Premium Member
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Maybe there could be consideration to opening up some local manufacturing under licence from @Cheryl Smyth to get around this freight issue. Maybe there are members out there that have the skill to do this.

Just a thought.

Cheryl Smyth

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
I like that idea, tools and jigs are a bit expensive, but after that it is a breeze! if you possibly know anyone whom might be interested please advise! I am currently working on getting my sifter into tractor supply here. I so appreciate Mr Mark. Words can't tell you how inspirational he is for me! I will get back with you, be blessed thank you for your inspiration too.

Cheryl Smyth

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Hi I’m trying to purchase the soil sifter.. But it’s not recognising my delivery location which is Tasmania am I doing something wrong? Thanks
$108 for shipping please let me know if your still interested. I just added two more days a week so 4 days a week I work as nurse but 16 hours shifts, so busy those days but will get back. Sorry took so long! Cheryl

Top Bottom