Hello from very rural Arizona, US

Inor

Mar 14, 2021
Climate
Arid, Desert, or Dry
Greetings from south-east Arizona, US! I discovered you fine folks trying to learn from Mark's YouTube gardening videos. My wife and I sold our home in suburbia about 5 years ago and moved to the middle of nowhere Arizona with the goal of becoming as self-sufficient as possible. The first two years were spent building a house. Then it was on to fencing off a steer pasture and learning how to raise a beef and clearing the land around our home from fire hazards. Last year was all about planting a fruit and nut orchard and burying almost 3/4 mile of irrigation lines. This year we are starting our gardens and getting set up raising egg chickens. (Meat chickens will follow after we have figured out how to raise the egg chickens.)

I have an absolute black thumb but my wife is pretty good at growing things. I look forward to learning from you all and sharing our successes and failures. Being that we live in the high desert, our challenges with gardens are a bit different than many folks. But it should keep our conversations interesting.

Take care!

Pero

Premium Member
GOLD
Nov 23, 2020
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Welcome friend!

What part of AZ? I have friends in Scottsdale and absolutely love the joint.

Reactions: Inor

Inor

Mar 14, 2021
Climate
Arid, Desert, or Dry
Thanks for the welcome!

We are about an hour and half SE of Tucson, so about four hours from Scottsdale. Your friends are correct. Arizona is a pretty dang awesome place!