Hello from the Pacific NW

KimK

Premium Member
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Hello, looking forward to conversing, learning and sharing. Just finished building a house in the forests of the Pacific Northwest region of Oregon in the USA. Lots to do around here and always something new to encounter. Found this site by way of inquiry into best method for stopping our pond from leaking in the dry months.

DarrenP

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Welcome to the forum. Are you living on acreage?

KimK

Premium Member
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Welcome, that's a beautiful part of the world.

Is it a natural pond, or one you made yourself?
It was already on the property, believe natural but some time back timber company increased the dam it appears. We cleared the land and found it. Pretty cool surprise. BTW, thank you Andrew for the welcome and yes, we love it here.

KimK

Premium Member
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Welcome to the forum. Are you living on acreage?
Thank you Darren. Yes we are. We lived in our travel trailer on the property first for 470 days while the house went up. Yup I counted every day. :)

DarrenP

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
As you would, lol. And I bet the first thing you did in your new home was throw your arms out wide.
Are you growing much produce?

KimK

Premium Member
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
We did indeed. We took marathon showers too and our Great Dane could sprawl out on the floor without bending her tail and tucking her legs. Tiny living DEFINITELY isn't for us.
We haven't planted any food crops yet, native vegetation at this point. Just some herbs and a few Roma tomatoes for sauces and cooking. Plans are underway after we finish retainer walls, a few more tree clearing, fencing and a goat barn to come.

ClissAT

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Welcome KimK.
I recently watched a Tiny House episode about a little cabin built in your neck of the woods.
It amazes me how your guys can build with raw green pine.
Gosh if we did that here in Australia, not only would the white ants have a field day from the get-go, but also the local authorities because of all the 'rules' we broke!
Also the green pine would last only a few months as fungus attacked it & mushrooms grew from it.
It really gets on my goat watching you guys lifting huge thick beams or logs with just a few men ;):p.
If we were using those sized timbers, we would require a great big crane that lifted many tons because we would have to use hardwoods such as seasoned eucalypt!
Such a different world over there with different resources at your disposal.
Makes me green with envy:D

Auron Leonhart

Premium Member
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Hello everyone, came here from Youtube and am looking forward to joining the backyard grower community. I live in North America and since I am in a subtropical zone, thought what better time to begin a healthy and productive hobby and see where it goes.

Top Bottom