Hello from San Antonio, Texas

Charity

Premium Member
Climate
Sub-Tropical
While looking for gardening advice online I found the YouTube videos, from there he mentioned the website, and then I saw the forum link. His personality is so fun, I just kept watching the videos. I was looking for advice because so much of garden info is for cooler climates than mine and I was having trouble getting the hang of growing in the heat. It doesn’t get much hotter than Australia, so I found Mark’s videos very helpful.

I am enjoying reading the forum comments and seeing the interaction of all the members. My family gets tired of seeing my harvest photos, and my stories, so it’s nice to have a place where others are just as interested in growing food as I am.

Charity

Premium Member
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Instead of boring my family with photos and stories, I’ll post them on the forum where they can be appreciated.
Thanks. I needed that encouragement.

Reactions: Geo

Stephanie C

Premium Member
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Hello! I’m in Texas too - around Fort Worth. I think I gravitated to Mark’s channel for the same reason you did. A lot of the info I was finding was really geared for gardeners in cooler climates.

Anyway, glad I found this forum, and glad I ran into another Texas gardener here already! This is awesome!

Simone Pennington

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Hello Charity, I never grow bored looking at people's garden pics and would love to read about your veggie patch. I am also looking forward to some summer growing stories as we have just started coming into winter, our garden is just about dead, apart from the winter veg of course (brussies, kale etc.). Kind Wishes.

DivingTemptress

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Welcome, Fellow Texan. I am in Houston and HOT should be our name ... well that and "under construction" LOL

There are so many possibilities here, year round. I seem to have much more success with my fall and winter garden, which is why I have over 50 fruit trees now. Plant them, and they pretty much take care of themselves HeHeHe

Where in the state are you? Feel free to reach out, I love talking about gardening and swapping goodies !!!
Happy Gardening
P J, the Dirt Diva

Top Bottom