Hello from Montana

Walt

Premium Member
Climate
Cold, Cool, Mountains, or Artic
Hello all, from Montana!
Any other cold climate gardeners out there?

Patty

Premium Member
Climate
Tropical
I grew up in northwestern Ontario and learned most of my gardening there - very long cold snowy winters, very short cool summers. So I can relate to your cold! Hope your gardens are doing okay! Do you have any snow yet where you are?

Walt

Premium Member
Climate
I grew up in northwestern Ontario and learned most of my gardening there - very long cold snowy winters, very short cool summers. So I can relate to your cold! Hope your gardens are doing okay! Do you have any snow yet where you are?
Off and on snow. But it will come :) no garden this year but for sure next spring

Swedish fiddler

Premium Member
Climate
Do -29c/f in wintertime with 5->6 feet of snow count as a cold climate? We do got 30.c (86.F) in summertime though. But that's only for a month or 2 if we are lucky.

/Fredrik

Last edited:

Walt

Premium Member
Climate
Do -29c/f in wintertime with 5->6 feet of snow count as a cold climate? We do got 30.c (86.F) in summertime though. But that's only for a month or 2 if we are lucky.

/Fredrik
I suppose that would qualify ;)
I guess you have a hothouse or something similar for gardening?

Swedish fiddler

Premium Member
Climate
Nope. Growing in pots and plants it outside when the weather allows it and hope for the best. Got a little spot of garden at my parents house. I live in a apartment complex. Would love to have a greenhouse though. Army dude and I are sharing the space at the moment.

/Fredrik

randy mason

Premium Member
Climate
i am in Colorado, this spring will be my first out side garden but i spent 5 years in Montana and due to the cold and living on Malmstorm AFB i did not try out doors gardening, but we did grow some small herbs in windows. if you find anything that works well there let me know we have similar conditions here in Colorado as well.

DThille

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
I grew up in central Saskatchewan and am now in Manitoba, so yes a cold weather gardener. We had a decent sized garden in Saskatoon, but when we moved to Winnipeg, we bought a place with a small lot, less sun, and had young children so it took a back seat for a while.

Derek

Top Bottom