Hello everyone

Tony M

Premium Member
GOLD
Aug 24, 2020
Newcastle
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Hi Mark how are you going me and my kids have been following you on YouTube after watching some of your self-sufficient me. me and my kids have started our own garden we are still pretty new to gardening we have only just started doing it since the lockdown for the first time the garden is pretty good trying to find the time to start things I don't know when to start what type of vegetables or what to start in my area at the right time. I get out in the garden heap actually and they are grow pretty good me and my kids have grown some big broccoli plants but we didn't get no broccoli they just kept growing I've still got them they are just over 6 foot tall and went to flower saving them for the seeds sorry for the long message can you tell me when is the start Frost date and the end of the frost date for New South Wales I don't know what to put in for Spring and when to start everything everything says start buy the last Frost date in your area but I don't know when the last Frost is in my area I downloaded an app but I have to put in the dates myself

Reactions: Geo

DTK

Premium Member
GOLD
Sep 23, 2019
Brisbane (SW suburbs)
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Welcome Tony. I think it is great gardening with new generation. I have been gardening for some time. My children grew up with me gardening and all three dabble a little. My son is probably most involved. I now garden for our own use and sharing with others. I am sure you will continue to get a kick out of it. Some of us use www.gardenate.com as a guide to what to grown when. You can set your climate zone and also set it up for monthly reminders. Have a look and holler out of you want more info. You are warmly welcomed here.

Last edited:

Tony M

Premium Member
GOLD
Aug 24, 2020
Newcastle
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Thank you very much for that information I will check it out hopefully I can work it out and it works good I did find two different guides both of them really don't say start dates but just prepare yourself for the upcoming season spring start here in 1 week our colder weather has already started disappearing it's going to start warming up all the guides I have got also to grow broccoli this time of the year for a spring up until it hit summer but they say the frost is better they like cold or wherever I don't understand our weather is already hitting 22 all up to 24.

My two youngest are interested in the gardening my 11 year old is a girl she really likes doing the garden and then I've got my youngest one she just really likes eating everything I only use natural organic stuff because she's always out there picking something to me in it she picks the parsley walks around the backyard eating it or if the carrot straight out of the ground and the baby sugar peas she eats them straight off the plan as well I have started something that I have really enjoyed I don't think I'll never give up hopefully my kids will continue as well

Tony M

Premium Member
GOLD
Aug 24, 2020
Newcastle
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
ID like to thank you again I've just looked at that app and registered with my email and name to receive emails on planting guide that is the best site I seen so far thank you very much I appreciate what you have done

Reactions: DTK