Glad to be here

gleuelling

Premium Member
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Hello all,
My name is Greg. I am in the Widwest in the United States. I am an avid homebrewer. U.S. Navy Veteran 2006-2011. In my second year of gardening and first year of canning and pickling. I have had a mind for prepardness since the being stationed San Diego during the Wildfires of 2007 and the H1N1 Pandemic of 2009 and has expanded over the years. 2020 was the kick in the butt I needed and I am actively working to increase my self sufficieny everyday. And I start my kids off early. Currently my four year old is "helps" me in the garden.
I was have grown alot already in my self sufficiency knowledge over the last year and a half thanks to a few good youtube channel and have given me ideas and new things to improve, try, and consider in my path to self sufficiency. One of those the one, the only, Mark Valencia at Self Sufficient Me.
I found his channel in my difficult search to find channels that actaully discusses topics that help to improve ones self sufficency rather than spend two minutes on the topic and the other 18 on politics, religion, and other off topic subject.
I look forward to learning and adivse from all of you.

Mandy Onderwater

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Hello all,
My name is Greg. I am in the Widwest in the United States. I am an avid homebrewer. U.S. Navy Veteran 2006-2011. In my second year of gardening and first year of canning and pickling. I have had a mind for prepardness since the being stationed San Diego during the Wildfires of 2007 and the H1N1 Pandemic of 2009 and has expanded over the years. 2020 was the kick in the butt I needed and I am actively working to increase my self sufficieny everyday. And I start my kids off early. Currently my four year old is "helps" me in the garden.
I was have grown alot already in my self sufficiency knowledge over the last year and a half thanks to a few good youtube channel and have given me ideas and new things to improve, try, and consider in my path to self sufficiency. One of those the one, the only, Mark Valencia at Self Sufficient Me.
I found his channel in my difficult search to find channels that actaully discusses topics that help to improve ones self sufficency rather than spend two minutes on the topic and the other 18 on politics, religion, and other off topic subject.
I look forward to learning and adivse from all of you.
Glad to have you with us! I hope you'll grow to like the forum as much as we do :D
If you ever have any questions, feel free to ask them!

Mark

Founder
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Welcome Greg and thanks for your service mate!

I hear ya! But I also must admit it's sometimes difficult to not get drawn into those subjects and I've been guilty many times of venturing into those areas simply because part of my self-sufficient reasoning is due to these other influences that I want to insure myself and my family against (such as inept politicians and bureaucrats making stupid decisions that affect us). But, you are right and people like me should try and stick to their knitting rather than get dragged into those areas which are quite frankly covered ad-nauseum by other commentators and news outlets.

Thanks for joining :)

Reactions: DTK

DTK

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Welcome aboard. There are lots of ex-military people on this forum; not that makes any difference, just including a point of reference for you. Enjoy the group, I find them very helpful.

Top Bottom