taisla97

Premium Member
Climate
Sub-Tropical
How do you store your garden tools and items like fertilisers and potting mix, etc.? I'd love to see photos of how you organise your garden items while not in use. Sheds, shelves, cupboards, containers, etc.

Evan

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
I don't have any pictures, but I've got a small 10'x10' shed where I hang tools, with shelves for smaller things.

taisla97

Premium Member
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Thanks Evan. I've got a shed around that size too, but it's full of things that aren't mine. I'm looking for ideas how I can potentially store my items on the back verandah without it looking messy, however, I think I may need to go through with the other people on what's in the little shed and get some shelves in there. I'm also thinking pegboards for some of the tools, but also don't want to spend a lot of money on it all. I want it to look organised as the people I live with are quite orderly when it comes to things like that. Any tips or ideas?

Karla

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Thanks Evan. I've got a shed around that size too, but it's full of things that aren't mine. I'm looking for ideas how I can potentially store my items on the back verandah without it looking messy, however, I think I may need to go through with the other people on what's in the little shed and get some shelves in there. I'm also thinking pegboards for some of the tools, but also don't want to spend a lot of money on it all. I want it to look organised as the people I live with are quite orderly when it comes to things like that. Any tips or ideas?
I have used a pallet. Paint it up and stand it on it’s end. Then I slid my rakes, shovels into the space and it holds great and they are readily available. Won’t help with you small things though. I use a butcher stand for those things; a metal shelf unit that usually goes into a kitchen.

taisla97

Premium Member
Climate
Sub-Tropical
I was actually thinking of that pallet idea, as I know where I can get some pallets. Only thing is, where I am at the moment I mainly have the smaller things. Even wondering how to store my empty pots that I use when repotting plants. I have a "potting station" (incomplete) where I store a few things, but it looks like a lot of clutter because it's quite exposed. I'll attach a photo. As you can see, it is incomplete as I haven't built a frame yet, and I'll move it somewhere else probably. We'll see when we get there...

taisla97

Premium Member
Climate
Sub-Tropical
This is my potting station and storage area at the present. Eventually, once the frame is built for the sink, it will be kept clear and clean because it will be for multipurpose - potting + fish cleaning. I currently use the tubs for mixing up the soils etc for potting mix. As you can see, I also have pots, etc. thrown in underneath, which will be in another area when the sink is out on the lawn instead of the 'verandah'.

Attachments

• 20200209_091149.jpg
    20200209_091149.jpg
    302.6 KB · Views: 300
Top Bottom