Question Garden Hose ......

ToeNailz

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
What do you Recommend, use or even dislike ???
no matter what one i end up getting to replace my ones i will be using "Hoselink" connectors as i find them best on market

what do you wish you never wasted money on .....
hose.png

I'm currently using the cheapest hoses of suitable length I could get my hands on, with plans to upgrade to Hoselink hoses later on. My cheap hoses I ended up throwing out the sprayers they came with as they were utterly useless, I just put my finger over the edge of the hose to make it spray like my grandmother always used to do, and I've wrapped the hose around a post between the tap and the end I'm using so that I don't pull it too hard and rip the cheap link off the tap.

I'm currently using the cheapest hoses of suitable length I could get my hands on, with plans to upgrade to Hoselink hoses later on. My cheap hoses I ended up throwing out the sprayers they came with as they were utterly useless, I just put my finger over the edge of the hose to make it spray like my grandmother always used to do, and I've wrapped the hose around a post between the tap and the end I'm using so that I don't pull it too hard and rip the cheap link off the tap.
I'm doing the same. Though I'm mostly using old hoses that are still laying around. Once mine breaks I try a new one, and a new one, until one that has a long enough piece for me to use (I cut the bad parts off).
I should really think about saving up for a proper hose too...

I'm doing the same. Though I'm mostly using old hoses that are still laying around. Once mine breaks I try a new one, and a new one, until one that has a long enough piece for me to use (I cut the bad parts off).
I should really think about saving up for a proper hose too...
lol yes i keep cutting off the "bad/broken" bits ..... but now my 20m hose is less than 8m 😂😂
plus the hose is really old as it was my dads from his garden where i grew up ... so hose would be at least 30yrs old now .....

lol yes i keep cutting off the "bad/broken" bits ..... but now my 20m hose is less than 8m 😂😂
plus the hose is really old as it was my dads from his garden where i grew up ... so hose would be at least 30yrs old now .....
Same here! I can barely reach the furthest plants now, hehe...

We have up to 4 smaller peices connected at the moment 🤔 so if we don't need to go aaaall the way to the front fence, we just use one or two or three pieces😅 not the tidiest option, but still using those old hoses, from the lady that sold us the piece of land with almost all equipment. no need toget anything new till the old stuff breaks down🤔 but I may invest in some driphose (Tropfschlauch is the German word, don't know the correct english one) cause those can save a lot of water. currently saw a video on them but can't find them anymore😅

Garden Hose ......

that's just an example, not the preferred brand or so. I'l have a look if I find the vid again and maybe update. they said there, that they had pretty good experience with the cheapest available on amazon... so will try out that for some of my gardenbeds come spring.

actually just found the vid 😍 went faster than I thought😅 didn't think it was in german, though I had a look at the subtitle option in english, they should work well enough.

drip irrigation system <- hopefully that works

edit: i do like to water per hand, but this summer showed me that it's mostly not practical, especially if I start to work again... it did take me 1 1/2 hour to water everything that needed water befor I could start working on weeds, grass etc. Well didn't have much time for that and one can see it still, sadly😅 so I will try out these come spring and hope for a better result and a bit more time for almost equally important things other than watering.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom