Question Buckeye chickens

Greyyowl

Premium Member
Is there anywhere in Australia where I would be able to get my hands on a pair of Buckeye hens?
I have Australorps and they would sit perfectly in both compatability with my hens and hardiness in my cold climate.
The
Owl.

Mark

Founder
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
You could maybe try http://www.farmstock.com.au in the poultry section and make an entry in their "Poultry Wanted" classifieds?

The Buckeye looks a little like a Rhode Island Red but there doesn't seem to be any obvious breeders of Buckeyes online, however, you think someone must sell them...

Greyyowl

Premium Member
You could maybe try http://www.farmstock.com.au in the poultry section and make an entry in their "Poultry Wanted" classifieds?

The Buckeye looks a little like a Rhode Island Red but there doesn't seem to be any obvious breeders of Buckeyes online, however, you think someone must sell them...
Thx for the replies.
They are rarish and thought someone may have some but they are as scarce as hens teeth, yes, pun intended.
Thx again for the help.
I am loading 20 Gold Laced Wyandottes next batch.
They are Melbourne Show winning stock so I'll be even more nervous as they cook.
The
Owl.

Mark

Founder
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Thx for the replies.
They are rarish and thought someone may have some but they are as scarce as hens teeth, yes, pun intended.
Thx again for the help.
I am loading 20 Gold Laced Wyandottes next batch.
They are Melbourne Show winning stock so I'll be even more nervous as they cook.
The
Owl.
I love those Wyandottes (gold and silver) and I've always wanted one. Nearly got one from Heritage hens (Brisbane) once but they were sold out at the time then I just forgot about them...

Top Bottom