Bit of a cooking/food processing day

Tony Baker

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Spent the weekend cooking and processing a heap of venison into mince and sausages. Sausages came out beautifully!

RrqTkIvl.jpg

fBa7rqMl.jpg

Venison shanks in beer
W21M0Ifl.jpg

cEZtg1al.jpg

Robbie

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Well done! they look good are you doing 25 to 30% fat to lean mix. I do like making sausages myself some of my favourite's is pork and leek, smoked venison and cheese kransky, smoked summer sausage as a cold meat for sandwiches etc is good as well i could go on lol.

Mandy Onderwater

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Looks absolutely amazing! Definitely wouldn't mind eating some of that myself!

Tony Baker

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Sorry for not replying sooner Robbie, I've been out bush for work. The mix is 8kg of venison (Red Deer) 4kg of pork shoulder (bought cheap from wollies, about $7 a kilo) and 2kg of pork fat. Seasoning is red wine and herb which I got from Toowoomba Butcher Supplies.

Mandy Onderwater

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Sorry for not replying sooner Robbie, I've been out bush for work. The mix is 8kg of venison (Red Deer) 4kg of pork shoulder (bought cheap from wollies, about $7 a kilo) and 2kg of pork fat. Seasoning is red wine and herb which I got from Toowoomba Butcher Supplies.
That sounds absolutely amazing! Did you come up with your own recipe, or did you read it elsewhere?
If it's yours, would you mind sharing it in articles under recipies? I'd love to have more people see it!

Tony Baker

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Mandy I watch Scott Rea on Youtube, he's a butcher by trade and show's how to butcher everything from domestic to game animals. He also does recipes.

Top Bottom