Banana Passionfruit

Discussion in 'Fruit & Vegetable Growing' started by GKW, Feb 12, 2020 at 4:45 PM.

1. GKW

GKW Well-Known Member Premium Member GOLD

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Saw Mark's vid on his bar stool trellis for his new Banana Passionfruit vine....which I thought was a great re-purposing of something otherwise bound for the tip.

I tried and failed twice with Banana Passionfruit over the years but will give it another crack as they are great eating.

One thing I did notice when it did grow was that it grew like a weed and needed to be properly managed and by that I mean contained. I note that Bellingen Shire Council has classified this passion fruit as a weed.

https://www.bellingen.nsw.gov.au/ne...alisingly-tasty-fruit-terribly-tenacious-weed

What's been others experience with Banana Passion fruit vines and their wandering ways?

2. Wedgetail

Wedgetail Well-Known Member Premium Member GOLD

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Hi Greg had one growing along a fence in WA had no trouble with spreading and had heaps of fruit they are the best. I had a heap of rabbits at the time and would let them loose on the lawn in the back yard the buggers ringbarked the vine and killed it. Dave

• Like Like x 1
  3. GKW

GKW Well-Known Member Premium Member GOLD

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Cheers Dave. Yep from memory they taste great and that's why I'm wanting to give them another crack.