August Competition (General Knowledge)

Win PayPal CASH of $50 AU

1. Mark

Mark Founder Staff Member

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Competition Time! WIN $50 in PayPal CASH! The prize will be emailed directly to your inbox:twothumbsup:

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you all for supporting SSC!

Visitors to our Website are valued greatly, but it's our members who interact with each other, help solve issues, share images or information, and generally create content here that interests thousands of people around the world - so to you, I say thank you very much for making SSC the fun online self-sufficient community that it is... :cheers:

SSC values its members support and a knowledge-based online community like ours will always do better if members are prepared to share their knowledge and interact with each other.

Therefore, to give something back to our community, reward effort, and just for fun, we are announcing this new competition open to Premium Member (GOLD).

To enter all you have to do is be logged in and answer our knowledge based question.

The winner will be drawn at random upon closing from the pool of correct answers using our forum software.

Only Premium Members with a GOLD banner will be permitted to view the question or enter this competition (more about GOLD here).

Membership on SSC is completely free so join us now.

Good Luck ;)

P.S Just for info: Revenue raised on SSC through advertising and affiliates helps to pay for competition prizes. We prefer to run competitions for our members rather than use this money to promote our websites via paid advertising.

2. Mark

Mark Founder Staff Member

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    @Ash you won this comp! (again) :cheers::popcork:
    The Question was:

The Kennebec, Mozart, and Nicola are varieties of what vegetable?
    The correct answer was:

Potato

3. Ash

Ash Valued Member Premium Member GOLD

Climate:
    Temperate (all seasons)
    Most appreciated. Which reminds me to check up on the spuds growing in the planter bags...

4. OskarDoLittle

OskarDoLittle Valued Member Premium Member GOLD

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Oh, pics pls Ash (unless like mine, you're still waiting for the shoots to surface...pics of dirt in bags...probably not so exciting!) I got mine in ?late according to the nursery up the road, but on time according to the online nursery. As Cliss said, guess it depends on variety.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ClissAT

ClissAT Valued Member Premium Member GOLD

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Oskar, I have one lot of red skinned spuds from the online mob that are being very tardy at shotting.
    They have had little buds of shoots for about 5weeks & not developed any further.
    I am thinking of putting them in the fridge for a while.
    This season went from warm winter to hot spring & I wonder whether the spuds are too confused to sprout properly.
    If your are tardy also, perhaps you could shake them free from their soil & place them in a dry plastic bag & fridge them for a week or 2.

6. OskarDoLittle

OskarDoLittle Valued Member Premium Member GOLD

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    I got both Kipflers and a red skin Ruby Red (or maybe Ruby Lou!) They've only been in the bags for about 2 weeks...so I think I'm just being impatient! They already had chits about 2-3cm on the Kipflers. I did notice that any longer chits on the reds seemed to have blackened off and wasn't expecting them to grow. I was hoping the little eyes that hadn't grown yet might still go though. Will keep you informed on a more appropriate potato thread!!

7. letsgo

letsgo Valued Member Premium Member GOLD

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Congrats Ash