Another local says "Hi"

LoveInNature

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Hi Everyone!
I am in a northern Brisbane with 5 gorgeous quail and an incubator of 14 from 16 eggs.
I started out with chooks. I had had nothing to do with them until I was lying on the grass with my sister the day after our mother had died. My sister let out the chooks and they milled around doing their chook thing. It was then I discovered how cathartic they could be. So began my feather friend journey. We are currently renting and quail were the next best thing.

I love my small vegy patch and I am about to weed and turn it all over. My next project is mealworms to provide my flock with a training incentive.

Love the site and I have already read so many things of interest. I can only imagine what our international friends must think of the goanna and kookaburra videos!

Mary Playford

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
LOL, yep, about the goanna and kookaburra videos. Another thing that makes me chuckle is the use of our Aussie lingo. It’s cute when my American and Canadian friends use it in our conversation. :nearlygotme:

Good to see you here and welcome to our group. :yahoo:

Mark

Founder
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Hi @LoveInNature and welcome to SSC!

Quail are definitely easy to keep both due to the size and nature. I've been meaning to try growing mealworms myself but I haven't got around to it yet. There's some information on our site here about growing mealworms so if you do decide to try them please consider adding your experiences.

LoveInNature

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical

LoveInNature

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
I had a wonderful day made better by all your best wishes. Thank-you all so much!

Top Bottom